Chapter 7

Miss Teresa had no choice but to leave when Chase asked her to. I find his way of asking her to leave a bit rude but I'd say that she deserved it. Rude things happen to rude people.

"T-Thanks but you shouldn't have done that. I plan to settle our debt to her tomorrow." I said while looking at him.

Chase was already staring at me like I'm sort of a problem he needs to solve. He is leaning on a post on our stall, so casually, while hands crossed against his chest . I can't help but feel ashamed because he's so well dressed I'm worrying about his clothes getting stained.

He's in the market after all but he doesn't seem to mind at all.

"No big deal. That woman doesn't know how to respect. How long have you been dealing with her?"

"A couple of months I think. It was my mom who borrowed money from her so we can add it on our investment for renting this stall."

He nodded his head while looking at the pork and chicken hanging on our stall. I already had an idea he's a wealthy man based on his looks and how he dressed up. He might be a member of the elite class for all I know. He's like those business men I watched on the television. The type of man who always wear business attires, fixing his coat while body guards are behind him as he walks along the elegant lobby of his empire.

Chase must be one of them. He surely is.

And to see him standing in front of me, looking fine and seems to be not disgusted with these fresh meats made me feel awe.

"Thanks again for settling our debt. I promise to pay you."

He nodded his head. "As much as I want to insist that it's fine, I know women like you won't be okay with that. I'll just get it from the payment of your painting."

I wasn't able to respond immediately. So he is really interested in buying that painting after all.

"Name the price, Allison. I'm willing to pay."

I looked down and shook my head. "To be honest, this is my first time being featured in an art exhibition so I really don't have any idea how much that'll cost. I guess, you can pay me whatever amount suits you."

His lips stretched out for a smile. "Finally agreed to sell it, huh?"

"I really wanted to just give it to you for free just like what I've told you before. It's just that something came up which made me change my decision and accepted your offer."

He nodded, the smile on his face was still there. "Good decision."

I smiled awkwardly at him. I'm not really a shy person but of course it still depends on who I am dealing with. It's just that with Chase, I feel like I'm always being drawn with him. He's presence really makes my heart flutter, especially when he looks at me. I feel lost just by looking at his caramel orbs.

I pretended to be busy in fixing the pork and chicken even if it's already arranged orderly. No one has bought anything yet, should have been Miss Teresa but then Chase shooed her away.

"Did you come here for the painting?" I asked him, not bothering to look at him.

"The painting..." he said. "And you."

I was stunned, automatically looked up to glance at him.

"W-Why?"

"We're supposed to find out the reason why you're dreaming of me, aren't we?"

My lips separated in surprise. Did he really mean that?

"In what away? Do you have any idea how we will find out about the reason? Plus we're really uncertain there is a definite answer. It might just be something random."

He shook his head in disapproval, dismissing what I've said.

"No. I think there's a reason, Allison. A connection," he said confidently. "A deep connection that involves the two of us."

My brows furrowed at his conviction. "And what would that be? I don't think we would even find the answer easily; it might take time. Only time can tell."

"I have time. I can always have time for this..." he said sincerely, looking straight into my eyes. "For you."

Words didn't rush down my lips. I was suddenly caught off guard, surprised of the things he said. For sure it's just normal — that he doesn't mean anything serious about it. But why did my heart flutter at that?

"Do you mind if I demand you to give me some time, too? Because I'm serious when I said that I want to us to find the reason why you're dreaming about a man you haven't met before."

I bit my lower lip, unconsciously. His eyes followed it.