Vol. 2 Ch. 32.2 - Regrets and Reconciliation

After Hisato's Funeral, I officially moved in with Maro. He decided that to help me, he would move back to Tokyo and bring me with him. Almost two weeks have passed and we're about to leave. I told Maro that before we leave, I will try my chances on bringing my son with me.

Maro went with me to the hospital so I can visit (Y/N). While we were nearing the room, I asked Maro to wait for me outside. I looked at my son and I'm glad that he was finally able to recover. He was still laying on the bed with Yuko watching over him.

As I enter the room, Yuko stands up from her seat trying to give me some alone time with my son.

"Yuko... Please stay here..."

I was surprised by (Y/N)'s conviction. After asking Yuko, she took a seat beside him. I walk towards them so I can talk to my son.

I know a lot has changed. I can never bring back the things I lost. All I can do is move forward and continue with my goal; bring him with me.

"Son, are you doing better now?"

"What do you think? My dad passed away and I wasn't even there to at least give him a proper goodbye" He replied without batting an eye.

Looking at him now, I can sense his hatred towards me.

But I'm in no position to complain.

"I'm truly sorry... What happened to your Dad is-" I tried to place my hand on top of his but he interrupted.

"Sorry? Are you, really? Did you just come here to say that? For what? To ease you of the guilt you're feeling right now?!"

"I-I didn't mean for any of this to happen..."

"You didn't? You had a choice! You could've talked it out with dad! I could- I could've done something! Anything! Aren't we supposed to be a family!? You could've looked for a better way but you didn't!"

"Son! I did this for you. I just wanted to give you a better future..."

"Keep telling yourself that! That's what you decided for yourself and I don't want any part of it!"

I was taken aback by the way he replied. My emotions got the best of me. Feeling cornered, I felt like I don't have any choice but to tell him about what was going on.

"Your grandmother is sick! You're still in middle school! There are tons of expenses and I don't know how I can keep up with all of that! Because your dad and I weren't able to, I don't know how long will mother last! She doesn't tell you because you'll obviously get worried. Do you just expect me to do nothing!?"

"But it's still nothing compared to what you did!"

"Son, I just-"

I tried to reach out for his hand but it seems like he was done with it.

"If you still have any respect for dad, you will leave me alone."

"I don't want our family to end up like this!"

"You should've thought about that before you made your choice! For the last time, please, get out. Please, leave before I run out of the little amount of respect I have left for you."

My heart felt like it shattered into little pieces after everything that (Y/N) told me. I wiped the tears from my eyes and I looked at him one last time.

"I know what I did... I don't have the right to drag you with me... But I really did this for you... I hope that you'll be able to forgive me..."