Vol. 2 Ch. 32.3 - Three Words; Two People; One Mother

After I visited my son for the first time in years, I gradually tried to invite him to visit me with Yuko. I know he's still hesitant but I'm glad that there have been some improvements. Yuko told me that he decided to use the car I gave him.

It only made me happier than ever that all the hard work I've been doing is finally being put to use by the person I intended it for.

While working, I received a phone call.

"Hello?" I said while waiting for a reply.

"M—Mother..."

My eyes lit up when I heard my son's voice who was speaking to me via a phone call. It made me very excited. I asked Tahara-chan to give me some alone time and exited my office.

"S—Son! How are you?"

"I'm okay... I know that this is too much to ask but... I would need some help..."

"What? Nothing's too much if it's from you! Please, tell me. Is something bothering you?"

"I would need to use the money from the bank account you made for me... I promise I'll pay you..."

"Son... I made that bank account for you... Whatever you do with it, is none of my business. But if you don't mind me asking, what would you use it for? It seems very important with the way you sound right now."

"It's for my Girlfriend..."

"Wait, you have a girlfriend!?" I was so ecstatic that I excitingly stood up from my seat like I won something from the lottery.

"Y—Yes... We've been dating for a while now..."

He then explained to me what was going on. He said that her girlfriend was torn between continuing her studies while pursuing her dream of becoming an actress.

"I see... You don't have to repay me or anything. I'm just happy that you're using the resources you have wisely. By the way son, what's her name?"

"It's Ichika Nakano."

"Alright, thanks for letting me know about this son! I really appreciate it!"

"T—Thank you as well... I... I'll be hanging up the phone now..."

"Sure thing! You take care, alright?"

"Y—you as well..."

I was happy to hear the news that my Son already has a girlfriend. I got so excited that I treated the whole office to lunch the next day.

I checked on what my son's girlfriend looked like while I was at lunch.

"My son has great taste."

Is all I can ever think of while smiling and looking at her photo. I know that what I would be doing is something that might cause some quarrel between me and my son, but I really wanted to meet his girlfriend.

After giving it some time, I decided that I want to see her for myself and express my happiness. With all the connections I have, I found out where she was staying so I decided to book a flight all the way from Tokyo to visit her place. I asked the receptionist that I'll be visiting her and I was told where her unit is.

I knocked on the door and a couple of minutes later, someone opened it.

I finally saw her. The person who has been taking good care of my son.