Breakups

Florence

It took me a moment to realize what my eyes where seeing right in front of me. My girlfriend, Rachel, on our bed fucking another person. Not even a woman, no, a man! Did she even lie about her sexuality?

I didn't know how to react, it felt like every muscle in my body just froze and stopped me from moving. And what was even worse is that they didn't realize that I had crashed their party at first. The two just continued their passionate love making, while I was standing in the doorway, unable to move. My emotions were running wild but the strongest feeling I felt was honestly just sadness and betrayal. What had I done to make her do such thing? I thought what we had was good? I really loved her.

"Rachel" I called out her name, while my voice was starting to tremble. "How could you do this to me?"

Tears filled my eyes and made my vision blurry but it was probably for the best, since I didn't want to look at this scenario anyway. The blonde drastically stopped in her movement and finally noticed me standing there crying. I could see the instant shock in her face and then watched her get off of her lover. "Florence..." she starts to break the silence but I instantly cut her off.

"Don't even start with the 'this isn't what it looks like' bullshit, I don't want to hear that!"
My voice started to grow more louder and clearer.

Rachel rushed over to me and took my hands into hers. Her face was very soft but there were tiny tears rolling down her cheeks. If I didn't knew what she just did I would feel bad for her. I guess she had mastered that puppy eye look over time, which is why I was so blind and never saw it coming.

"What are you doing here so early? I thought you were staying at Taylor's tonight?", she then asked me sweetly.

My eyes widened and I finally had enough of her bullshit. How dare she not even try to apologize or explain what's happening? No, she just asks why I would come home sooner and destroy her cover. Is she even listening to her own words and hears how god damn stupid she sounds right now?

I felt my blood starting to boil in my skin which is why I slammed my hands out of hers and directly stared into her eyes. „That's everything you have to say right now?? Are you fucking kidding me Rachel!How long has this been going on? HOW LONG?" My voice only got louder as I went on. All of the sadness I felt before was now exchanged with pure anger.

The blonde ran her fingers through her hair and then her expression changed. It was like she just expected me finding out about her affair like it was something completely natural to her. Rachel probably knew that this relationship was doomed the second I walked into that room. My reaction left no place for her to hope for reconciliation. And that was true.

"A year." It was not more than a whisper but more than enough for me to hear.

A wave of shock hit me and I had to grab the side of our wardrobe so I wouldn't fall. Suddenly I asked myself how I could've been so stupid to always ignore the signs. But I guess love really does make you blind. "A year? You have had an affair for a fucking year?" The tears came back to my eyes and uncontrollably ran down along the sides of my face. Her having an affair for over a year would mean that she was even seeing him before the shooting happened. That means she can't even name my absence after the shooting as an excuse.

"I just feel so fucking stupid. All the gaslighting, your jealousy and these long working hours.. I ignored every red flag and even tried to defend you in front of my friends! They were all unsure of you, but I- I was always on your side.."

I don't know how I expected Rachel to react to my comment but a big grin on her lips was definitely not it. She was even laughing a little. For an outsider the situation must have looked pretty bizarre: a crying woman who was still a little tipsy, fighting with a naked blonde who is laughing at her while another naked man is still sitting on the bed not knowing what to do.