Chapter VIII

The woman sat calmly at a cafe, sipping some black tea as she looked out the window, watching the rain droplets hit against the window, the sky being so dark you could barley see the rain clouds.

She placed down her cup and stood up, grabbing her trench coat from the hook and walking towards the door as the old woman who owned the small cafe smiled at her.

"I'll see you again tomorrow dear?"

The h/c haired woman opened the door, making the bell at the top jingle lightly.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow evening Mrs Sawamura."

She gave her a small bow of her head before walking out in the rain. The old woman sighing as she did.

"What a strange girl...she didn't even take an umbrella..."

{<<<|>>>}

"Good morning Kunikida!"

Said man looked at Atsushi and pushed up his glasses.

"Good morning. Have you finished your report?"

Atsushi sweat dropped as he dropped into his chair beside Dazai who was leaning back.

"Straight to work I suppose..."

Just as he was about to place his fingers on the keyboard to log in Tanizaki rushed in with Naomi by his side. Both panting slightly.

Atsushi stood up with a worried look as Dazai tilted his head.

"Tanizaki!? What's wrong?! Are you alright?!"

He held up a finger as he caught his breath before looking at him.

"There's been another suicide."

This caught everyone's attention.

{<<<|>>>}

"It's the exact same scene as the one a week ago...what's going on here.."

"I told you Atsushi. These aren't suicides, their murders. But no one wants the extra work so they just write it off as suicide on the documents"

He frowned as Dazai walked closer to the body, Atsushi following close behind with kunikida talking to an officer a little bit behind them.

The body was laying on its front, face smashed into the cement on the sidewalk of the deserted street. The blood pooled around their head, clothes tattered from the fall. As Dazai caught a glimpse of something in their hand, a voice made him turn around.

"Atsushi. Dazai. We meet again, unfortunately in not very nice circumstances."

The two turned around to see y/n standing with her usual attire but with medical gloves. Atsushi tilted his head at her.

"What are you doing here y/n-san?-"

She walked closer and crouched down to the body, carefully analyzing it, her eyes darkening at the sight, which with Dazais keen eyes, was not missed.

"I was moved to the inspection department for this case. People have caught on that it's not regular suicides and something much deeper."

She looked over the body once more before catching sight of what Dazai had spotted earlier. Moving a bit closer and carefully removing the piece of paper in their hand.

Dazai looked over and hummed while Atsushi looked over her shoulder.

"A note? Like last time?"

"We're about to see, open it y/n~channn!"

She nodded and gently unfolded the paper, letting them get a good look so they could read it.

"My time in this world has come to an end. The world is not what I thought it would be. There are so many sins surrounding us that it is suffocating me. I couldn't take it anymore. I have been decieved by all. But I have decieved myself as well. My sins are beyond forgiveness. May I rest with my sins for all eternity."

She sighed as she stood up, placing the paper on the evidence table before peeling off her medical gloves and throwing them away.

"Murders disguised as suicides. This ought to be interesting."

Dazai smirked as he kneeled down infront of her, holding her hand in his making her look down at him blankly while Atsushi face palmed in disappointment.

"Not to worry belladonna! We'll find them and put a stop to them so it shall not hurt you anymore! If you worry to much your beauty will suffer!"

She nodded and removed her hand before turning around.

"I must get going know to report back what Ive seen. I will see you two around. Have a nice day."

Atsushi waved as she walked off as Dazai simply stared at her.

"I suppose we'll be working together..."

{<<<|>>>}

"Did you finish the job?"

"Of course."

"They've caught on you know. Be careful."

"As if I would allow myself to get caught."

"I'm just giving you a warning."

"No need. Everything is going according to plan."

A hand emerged from the darkness and placed it's fingers on a pawn on the chess board, picking it up and putting it on the side with 9 others.

"All according to plan."