Chapter - 48

Third Person’s POV
Adesh was working on his laptop when he heard puking sounds from the bathroom. Adesh got up and hurriedly went near the bathroom. Adesh knocked on the door…
ADESH : Pritika, are you alright? Pritika… please open the door.
When Adesh was going to open the door with a spare key seeing that Pritika wasn’t opening the door, Pritika came out of the bathroom. Aadesh support her and helped her to settle on the bed.
ADESH : Pritika, you lay down. I am calling the doctor.
Adesh said with a worried tone.
PRITIKA : Hey hey what are you doing? You don’t need to call the doctor. I am totally fine.
ADESH : How can you say that You are fine. Look at yourself, you look so pale. You have just vomited and you are saying you are fine. Don’t try to fool me.
PRITIKA : Adesh believe me… I am totally fine. It’s just acidity. This is happening because of the irregularities happened during the marriage function. This is very normal thing. Don’t worry.
Adesh sat on the bed beside Pritika…
ADESH : ok fine. I am not calling the doctor. But you lay down and take rest. Today you don’t have to go the dinning room, I will bring th breakfast here.
PRITIKA : No… I will go. Today is Tanvi di's first rasoi. I have to go and help her.
Pritika was trying to get up but Adesh stopped her.
ADESH : You will not get up. Ok you can go to the dinning room but not now. There are maids they will help Tanvi. Now You take rest…
PRITIKA : ok fine! (Pout) But you have to promise me you will not tell anyone that I wasn’t feeling well.
ADESH : ok…now lay down.
Pritika lay down and Adesh again immersed himself in his work.
At the dinning area everyone has already sat down. Natasha was also present. She hasn’t gone to her house. She has been living here since the start of the marriage function. Her parents has gone back to London.
Everyone was trying hard to gulp down the halwa (Indian sweet dish) made by Tanvi,  as they didn’t want to make Tanvi upset. When suddenly Pritika got up covering her mouth with her palm and hurried towards the bathroom. Adesh also went behind her.
TAVNI : did I make that bad that Pri wants to throw up? Let me have a taste…
Tanvi was going to have a spoon of halwa when Rahul stopped him.
RAHUL : You can’t have it…
TANVI : why?
RAHUL : Because… because it’s ritual. You can’t eat the dish you have made on your first rosai…Right dadi?
NILIMA : hmm? Yeah yeah right.
TANVI : But in our house there is no such ritual.
RAHUL : yours and ours rituals are different.
TANVI : ohh.. Okk.. But is it really ok? Then why did Pri –
Tanvi didn’t get the chance to complete her sentence when Adesh came out of the bathroom carrying unconscious Pritika in bridal style and shouted at Rahul to call the doctor. 
ADESH’s POV
I shouldn’t have listen to Pritika. I should have called the doctor yesterday night. God please don’t let anything happen to her.
I don’t know why doctor is taking so much time. She is alone in the room with Pritika. She didn’t even let me stay there. I am her husband…. But no. I couldn’t say anything to her because she is my bua's friend and also our family doctor.
Tanvi is constantly blaming herself. She thinks it has happened because of her food.
ADESH : Tanvi stop blaming yourself.  Nothing has happened because of your food. It is my fault. She wasn’t well from yesterday. Today morning she had also vomited. I should have called the doctor before.
Hearing this Tanvi stopped her blabbering but strangely my mom, chachi, bua and dadi started smiling more. From the moment the doctor has arrived there was smile on their face but after hearing my words they were smiling like they have won a jackpot.
Here I am panicking for my wife who is in the room laying unconscious and my family is smiling. 
ADESH : Mom, why are you guys –
Before I could finish my question , heard the sound of opening door and saw  the doctor is coming out of the room.
ADESH : Doctor, how is my wife? Why did she suddenly fainted? What happened to her? She was feeling dizzy yesterday also. She even throw up in the morning…
NARESH : Adesh, calm down. I understand your tension but  at least let her speak.
I keep quiet and let the doctor speak.
“Adesh beta (son) , if you panic on such a small matter so easily, then how will you handle in future. Now you have double responsibility.” – doctor said smilingly.
What? Why this doctor isn’t saying directly? Double responsibility? Hearing this my mom, bua they started congratulating me and each other. What is happening?
“Congratulations Adesh! You are going to be a father. Pritika is pregnant. Now you have take care of them. Later please bring her in my clinic for a detailed check-up”- Doctor left saying all this.
Wait… what? I am going to be a father? Pritika is pregnant. My child… our child… I am going to be a father…we are going to be parents. O my god… my child…
My trance is broken by Rahul's sudden hug. Everyone was congratulating me. I am feeling like I am on cloud nine.
I went into the room because first I wanted to congratulate Pritika. Pritika was sitting on the bed leaning on the headboard. Seeing me she gave a beautiful smile but there was some tears on corner of her eyes. Maybe everyone can mistakes it as happy tears but I know the reason. I know she is happy but she is also sad. This is first time in her life when she will not able to share her happy moment with her dadi. I went near her and sitting in front of her, I hugged her.
ADESH : we are going to be parents Pritika. I am very happy. ( shouting excitedly)
Pritika hugged me back.
PRITIKA : I am also very happy, Adesh. If dadi would have alive, she would have very happy.
ADESH : She is watching you from heaven. She is happy. Her blessing is always with you .
PRITIKA : hmm…I didn’t realise that I am pregnant. How come I didn’t realise?
ADESH : it’s ok… now we know.
Adesh kissed on Pritika’s forehead.
Third Person’s POV
Other family members also entered into the room to congratulate Pritika except Natasha and Nidhi.
Natasha went to the room she was staying. Nidhi also followed behind her.
Seeing Natasha, Nidhi could clearly understood, she was angry.
NIDHI : Natasha di…
With a very low voice Nidhi called her, because she knew Natasha was angry.
NATASHA : WHAT?
Natasha yelled at Nidhi. Now she didn’t care about her image in front of Nidhi because she was very angry. Every time she plan something  and it always get ruined. Natasha couldn’t accept this.
NIDHI : Natasha di, I know you are angry… I can understand your feelings. But we will not able to do anything now. I think you should forget your love towards Adesh bhai.
Natasha didn’t expect this statement from Nidhi. She was surprised hearing this statement from Nidhi.
NATASHA : What are you trying to say? will accept you Pritika as you Bhabhi?
NIDHI : I have to. Natasha di, please move on…I don’t want to break their relationship anymore. I don’t want my niece or nephew grow up in a broken family. I will accept Pritika as my bhabhi for my brother’s child.
Natasha wanted to bang Nidhi's head on the wall. She had gotten very angry. But she didn’t react. She knew she will need Nidhi in future. Because she will not give up so easily. She can’t lose. So she collected her emotions.
NATASHA : Nidhi, can you please leave the room. I want be alone for alone.
Nidhi wanted to protest but then she thought it will be good. She understood Natasha was upset so she needed some time. So she left the room leaving Natasha alone.
In Pritika and Adesh's room.
Everyone was congratulating Pritika. Everyone was very happy. Pritika and Adesh's child will be first grandchild of their house. Nilima wanted to celebrate this by throwing a party but Adesh denied. He wanted Pritika to have a proper rest. Everyone tried to argue but seeing new would be father's strict avatar they also agreed.
After spending some time they all went to their own work. Adesh had taken a leave from office because he wanted to spend the whole day with Pritika.
Nilesh knew very well this leave not going to stop just one day… it will continue many days. Though he was not a very romantic or caring towards his wife in their young age but he has seen his brother, Naresh. He has seen him taking  many off days or doing work from home during Radhika's pregnancy.
Adesh was smiling like a fool.
ADESH : I still can’t believe we have created a little human and now he or she is growing inside your belly… our child.
Saying this Adesh kept his hand on Pritika's belly and again started smiling like a fool.
ADESH : ok Pritika, what do you want?
PRITIKA : what?
ADESH : I mean do you want it to be a boy or girl?
PRITIKA : ummm… I don’t know. I am ok with both. I just want a healthy baby. You? What do you want?
ADESH : I want a girl. Girls always love their father more. Boys love their mother more and they are always naughty. Girls are always sweet and lovely.
PRITIKA : Hey! You don’t even know is it a girl or boy. So don’t say anything bad. What If it’s a boy ? I don’t want to make my baby sad.
ADESH : ok ok sorry. Baby… don’t worry, you will be my good child. It doesn’t matter if you are a boy or girl. Dad will always love you. (Saying leaning towards Pritika’s belly).
Pritika was smiling happily seeing Adesh's behaviour.
ADESH : Dad… it sounds so good na… or do you think Papa will sound better? I am confused… which is better Dad or Papa?
The whole day they spend thinking and talking about nonsenses. Both Pritika and Adesh were very happy and excited about this good news of their life. They were preparing themselves for this new phase of their life.