Chapter - 54

Adesh's POV
I am looking at my little daughter who is now in the NICU. So many tube and machines are attached with her little body. Seeing her like this it is giving me pain. Every sound of monitor beep is like knife cutting my heart.
Please get well soon princess… you are my strong girl. You have to fight, princess. You have to fight. You have to live. We have planned so many things. You have to live for us. Please get well soon.
My son’s crib is beside my daughter. He also has a oxygen mask attached with his body. He is also very tiny but little bigger than my daughter.
I can’t go inside the room…I can only watched them through glass wall from outside. I haven’t even able to hold them in my arms till now.
I am feeling very helpless. Today all the power and money we have has no value. Despite of having so much money, we still can’t able to do anything.
I don’t know what will I tell to Pritika when she will get back her conscious. How will I face her. I broke my promise. I was incapable of protecting them.
I felt a touch on my shoulder… turning back I saw it is my father. I couldn’t control myself. I hugged him and started crying.
NILESH : don’t worry, Adesh. My granddaughter will never lose. She will definitely get well soon. Nothing will happen to her. Now go to Pritika’s ward. She will get back her conscious in any moment.
Nodding my head and looking back one more time to my children I left from there.
Third Person's POV
After Nilesh and Adesh left from there, Nidhi came in front of the room.
NIDHI : please my munchkins don’t punish me. Please... I didn’t do anything. I can never even imagine to hurt you. Please baby please fight for your life. I love you…
Nidhi left there before anyone could notice but little far away Aditi and Radhika were standing. They have seen her and even heard what she was saying to the baby.
RADHIKA : Bhabhi, do you think… we are wrongly accusing her? Maybe Natasha has done everything alone.
ADITI : I don’t know…I thought Natasha and Nidhi both are together. They have always planned everything together against Pritika. I am confused now seeing Nidhi ?
RADHIKA : Bhabhi, we are forgetting something.
ADITI : what?
RADHIKA : Remember… During Pritika’s competition Natasha had planned to harm Pritika but it was Nidhi who stopped her. I think we did a big mistake by accusing her.
ADITI : Maybe… you are right… may be she didn’t know anything about it but Somehow indirectly she is blame for this…if she didn’t allow Natasha this time to stay in our house or from the first day after marriage if she didn’t tried to break Pritika and Adesh's relationship with Natasha's help. Nothing would have happened. Somehow she is guilty and today she also knows that very well.
RADHIKA : Maybe you are right… but I am feeling bad for her… sighed.
ADITI : Radhika, she is my only daughter… I am also feeling bad but my son, and grandchildren, my daughter-in-law… they are suffering because of her. How can I ignore that. I don’t know if my granddaughter would survive or not? If anything happen to her I will never able to forgive myself.
RADHIKA : Nothing will happen. Rahul is coming with one of the best child specialist. Everything will be alright.
Nodding her head in response, they also went to Pritika’s ward.
In Pritika’s ward…
Almost every family members are present. Adesh was sitting on the stool beside Pritika’s bed  holding her hand.
He was very afraid to face Pritika. He didn’t know what will he say to her.
Everyone was waiting for Pritika to wake up. After some moments gradually opened her eyes… first she looked everyone with frowning eyes they suddenly her eyes became wide like she remember what had happened. She tried to touch her belly and tried to get up, but Adesh stopped her.
ADESH : Pritika, lay down… everything is alright. You can’t get up now. You have just had an operation. You can’t get up now.
Said this while caressing her head to calm her down.
PRITIKA : Adesh… my babies.. Where are they?
ADESH : Calm down Pritika… they are… fine. They are in the NICU.
PRITIKA : Why?
ADESH : Pritika, they are premature babies…they need special care.
PRITIKA : Adesh, I want to see them… Please I want to see them.
ADESH : Please Pritika, you don’t  understand…you need to rest.
PRITIKA : No no no I want to see them with my own eyes. Please please I beg you please take me there.
ADESH : Pritika…ok fine… first calm down.
NILESH : Adesh…
Nilesh wanted to stop Adesh… because he knew when Pritika will see the baby with so many tube attaching, how much pain she will feel.
PRATIMA : No… bhai.. Let Adesh take her. She needs to see her babies. It’s important for her. Don’t worry… a mother is stronger than you imagine.
Naresh arranged a wheelchair for Pritika but before Adesh could put Pritika on the wheelchair Natasha entered into the room.
Seeing her except Nilesh and Pritika everyone frowned. Because everyone somehow believe Nidhi couldn’t done that alone. Natasha was also behind it.
RADHIKA : what are you doing here?
NATASHA : I wasn’t at home so I don’t know about it…but the moment I heard about Pritika's situation… I hurriedly came here to see her and the babies.
Before anyone could response her anything, Nidhi entered into the room in fury and yelled at Natasha.
NIDHI : HOW DARE YOU! You still have the guts to come here? I will send you to jail.
Everyone looking at Nidhi confusingly. Nilesh was going to say something when Aditi signal him to keep quiet.
NATASHA : Nidhi, why are you behaving like this? Why are you talking to me like that?
Natasha said very calmly and act very innocent.
NIDHI : Ohh please stop your acting! I have seen you real face. This innocent act will not work anymore. Bhai… she is the one who had put those pills in bhabhi's milk. She tried to harm the babies.
NATASHA : Have you lost your mind? How could you blame me for such an vicious crime?
NIDHI : It was you… bhai, dad believe me.. It was her. She had given me the milk to give it to bhabhi. I really didn’t know anything. She told me it was mom who ordered her to give the milk to Bhabhi. I am telling the truth. She herself admitted it to me that she had mixed abortion pills in the milk.
No one was reacting anything. They were looking at both of them with shocked expression.
NATASHA : O my God! I can’t believe this. Just to take revenge you are blaming me for such crime.
NIDHI : Revenge? What are you saying?
Nidhi and everyone else was looking at Natasha confusingly.
NATASHA : Yes… Revenge. Adesh I am telling you the truth. I used to love you. When you got married with Pritika, I tried to create misunderstanding between you two. Nidhi also helped me. She helped me because she wanted me to be her sister-in-law. So that my brother will accept her.
NILESH : what are you saying? Your brother?
Nilesh and Pritika were the most confused one hearing this. Because they were the only one who had no idea about it.
NATASHA : Yes uncle… my brother. Nidhi likes my brother. But my brother doesn’t like her. He was ready to accept her proposal because of me. But when he came to know that I have given up my love for Adesh. I don’t want to break Adesh and Pritika’s relationship. He rejected Nidhi's proposal. I think that’s why she wanted to harm the babies. She knows I have given up the idea of being Adesh's wife after Pritika got pregnant. I think that’s why she wanted to take the revenge by harming the babies.
Everyone looked at Nidhi shockingly. Nidhi was looking at Natasha shockingly. Aditi and Radhika both looked at each other. They were thinking the same thing. They were thinking ‘is it possible what Natasha is saying is trying?’.
NIDHI : No no bhai… she is completely lying. I am admitting I like her brother but trust me I have never even though to harm the babies. It wasn’t me. It was her.
Everyone was now confused. They didn’t understand who was telling the truth. They believe their Nidhi. But they also think that Nidhi sometimes become very stubborn to get something. They all were thinking maybe what Natasha was saying truth. Maybe in anger and hatred she has really done this. They were very confused.
“Yes… how could I forget that? Someone tried to harm my babies. It was  Nidhi…or Natasha….I don’t care who it was. Now I want to see my babies. My babies...”- Pritika was thinking in her mind.
PRITIKA : Adesh, please take me to my babies… please.
Pritika started to panic…
ADESH : Yes… Pritika… just calm down. They are fine. Nothing will happened to them.
PRITIKA : You have said this before also!!!… but look what happened!!… you are taking me or not?
This was the first time Pritika shouted at Adesh.
ADESH : ok calm down… I am taking you.
Adesh could understand Pritika’s insecurities. It’s true… he wasn’t able to keep his promise. He was guilty.
He carefully put Pritika on the wheelchair and pushed her towards the NICU, completely ignoring Nidhi's pleading eyes.
Now He didn’t have the time to think who had done this crime. Because he has no proof. So he didn’t want to think about it now. Now his full concentrate was on his wife and children.
Radhika ordered Nidhi to go home… Nidhi tried to say them again that she hasn’t done anything but they said they will talk about it later and want her to stay away from here. Nidhi left from there crying. Except Pratima and Naresh everyone else left the ward and went towards the NICU.
Pratima took Natasha outside of the hospital, Naresh also followed them.
NARESH : Natasha, we have no proof so we can’t sent you jail. But if you don’t want your father's company to go bankrupt then go to London taking the next flight… and never dare to step a foot on this country.
NATASHA : What are you saying uncle? What did I do?
PRATIMA : Natasha, we all know our children very well. Now they are all in distress and they are very worried for the baby girl. So they didn’t try to think who did what. So you better go away before we start take action. We know what our Nidhi can do or not. If you care about your father and his company then leave the country right now… and never dare to contact any of our family members.
Saying this both Naresh and Pratima went inside the hospital.
In front of the NICU, seeing the babies through the glass window, Pritika started crying.
Seeing Pritika like this Adesh was feeling very pain… but he couldn’t able to do anything. Nothing was in his hand. He could only just pray to god.