11. Saving Sakura

Ez: "Let's see Sudo's trial now."

After Sudo's 1st trial

Ishigami: "Man, that was intense."

Yukino: "You even prepared script for them, Ryyuen-kun. Impressive."

Ryuuen: "Kukuku."

Irisu: "You're quite a strategist, Ryuuen-kun."

"You're still here?" 

Horikita's older brother and Secretary Tachibana came out of the student council room. Secretary Tachibana began locking the door with a key. 

"What are you planning to do?" 

"What do you mean?" I asked. 

"I thought that when you came here with Suzune, you'd unveil some kind of master plan." 

"I'm not exactly Zhuge Liang or Kuroda Kanbei. I don't have any plans." 

Yotsuba: "Who are they?"

Miku: "Wait Fuutarou. I will answer that." Miku interrupted Fuutarou who was about to give his boring lecture. "Zhuge Liang),Kongming, was a Chinese statesman and military strategist. He was and later of the state of during the period. He is recognized as the most accomplished strategist of his era and has been compared to, the author of. His reputation as an intelligent and learned scholar grew even while he was living in relative seclusion, earning him the nickname "Wolong" or "Fulong", meaning "Crouching Dragon" or "Sleeping Dragon". Zhuge Liang is often depicted wearing a robe and holding a made of crane feathers. Kuroda Yoshitaka (, also known as Kuroda Kanbei, was a Japanese of the late through early. Renowned as a man of great ambition, he succeeded as a chief strategist and adviser. "

(A/N: You guys remember "Ya boy Kongming", right? This Zhuge Liang was that guy. He is one of my favorite historical figures.)

Fuutarou unexpectedly felt proud.

Arisu: "Fufufu~, you are right Miku-san. Kongming and Kuroda Kanbei are the greatest strategies of their time."

Ryuuen: "Kukuku, it seems like one is clever in those bunch of idiots."

The quintuplets glared at Ryuuen.

Fuutarou: "I agree partially with you, Ryuuen. But these girls are improving at their own pace."

Quintuplets felt happy.

Ryuuen: "Kukuku, how many years will it take?"

Fuutarou didn't answer. Quints glared at Ryuuen once again.

"So does that mean when Suzune claimed Sudou was completely innocent, she was merely getting carried away?" 

"Hyperbole, you mean? I don't think so." 

"I see." Strangely enough, though my exchanges with Horikita's brother up to now had been short, our conversation continued. Though he'd left a bad impression on me during our first meeting, I found him easy to talk to now. Perhaps this was to be expected of someone who had climbed the ranks to become student council president. He had a superior understanding of human nature.  

"Then there's what you said, Sakura." Horikita's brother turned to Sakura, who'd stifled her crying. 

"Eyewitness testimony and pictorial evidence certainly carry weight during deliberation. However, please keep in mind that how much we value the evidence is determined by how much we trust in its believability. No matter what you do, the evidence's legitimacy is reduced because you are a student from Class D. No matter how detailed your account, we cannot accept it as one hundred percent true."