Chapter - 62

Third Person’s POV
VIKRAM : I don’t think she will come…
VIRAT : I believe she will.
All the Thakur family was sitting surrounding the hospital bed, where Vedika was lying with IV drip and oxygen mask.
When everyone thought Pritika wouldn’t come, she won’t forgive them, the door of the hospital room opened and Pritika entered into the room. Behind her Adesh was also present.
Ignoring everyone Pritika came near the bed where Vedika was and held Vedika’s hand gently.
PRITIKA : Nani, tomorrow is my birthday. Many years ago my papa had an accident on my birthday and after that I lost him forever. This year I want to celebrate my with my entire family. Please get well soon for me. Please, first time I am asking something from you. Will you not give it to your granddaughter?
Kailash came near Pritika and clasped his both palm together and asked for forgiveness.
KAILASH : Forgive me Priti dear, our ego, my stubbornness ruined your childhood, I lost my only daughter. Forgive me… If you forgive then I will think my daughter also has forgiven me.
Pritika forwarded a diary to kailash.
PRITIKA : Mumma was sorry for hurting you all so much. She was sorry that she didn’t able to be your any reason of  proud. Instead she ruined your fame, image. I don’t know what her thought was after my Papa's accident but before that she was sorry.
Opening the diary when Kailash saw it was his daughter’s handwriting, he couldn’t able to hold back his tears.
Vikram came near Pritika…
VIKRAM : Priti, thank you for forgiving us. Thank you for giving us a chance to be a part of your family.
Vikram hugged Pritika, she also reciprocated the hug.
                           -----------------
Pritika's POV
I know my parents will be happy about my decision. They will be proud of me.
Seeing everyone happily enjoying in front of me. I know I have taken the right decision. My dadi used to tell me ‘if you forgive someone that means you are giving yourself a peace. Your forgiveness maybe can’t change the past but it can change the future.” … yes and that is true.
Today after many years I am celebrating my birthday with my entire family. I am happy, I am very happy.
ADESH : What are you thinking, wifey?
My thoughts broke hearing Adesh's voice.
I looked at him. I can’t believe I have actually hurt this man so many times. He has always proved himself as the best husband. But what did I do? I have only hurt him.
ADESH : Again… you are thinking nonsense?
When Adesh wiped my tears with his thumbs cupping my face. I realized I am crying.
PRITIKA : Sorry… Adesh…
ADESH : I have told you… let bygones be bygones. Today is your birthday. I don’t want to see any tears in birthday girl's face. No… actually I never want to see any tears in my beautiful wife’s face. I want her to be always happy.
I hugged him. I don’t know how I became so lucky that I have gotten him as my life partner.
PRITIKA : I love you, Adesh.
ADESH : I love you too, my wife.
Adesh kissed on Pritika’s forehead..
Third Person’s POV
Both Advik and Advika ran near them.
ADVIKA : Mom, now you have to cut the cake.
Adesh picked up his little princess in his arms and Pritika picked up her little prince in her arms.
ADESH : Wow my little Princess is looking like a real princess.
Advika  giggled and gave a kiss on her father's cheek.
ADVIKA : Dad… don’t be the bad dad again ok? I don’t like that.
ADESH : I will not.
Adesh kissed on Advika's cheeks and looked at his son who was also smiling at him, he kissed on his cheeks also.
Pritika and Adesh both looked at each other both and smiled. Then went near the table where the birthday cake was.
Today with the whole family Pritika celebrated her birthday. She was happy seeing everyone’s happy faces.
Pritika knows life isn’t always fair. There will be ups and down in future. But she knows Adesh’s warm embrace will be always there to protect her and comfort her as he promised.
                             THE END
Hello Readers! Hope you are all fine and liked my story.

Please share your views in the comments section.

Thank you for your love and support.

Sequel of this story "The Warm Embrace" is now available.

Follow me on Instagram to know more about the stories @ have_tri_lock

Take care of yourself and your loved ones.
            Stay Healthy, Stay Happy
                          - Have_ TRI_ lock