EPILOGUE

Jane stirred her coffee with a small, silver spoon, tapping it on the edge once she was sure the sugar dissolved. With a quick sip, she glided past the kitchen cabinets and towards her pet rat. He sniffed the air as she got closer, twitching his little nose as she picked out a cookie from her pocket.

With little hands outstretched from behind the cage, she opened it and allowed him to take his snack. Jane smiled as he scurried back into his blue house and munched away happily.

Satisfied and comfortable enough to sit down, the older woman did just that and plopped herself on to a sofa. She grabbed a nearby remote, taking a big gulp from her drink as she switched on the TV.

Ever since coming back from Whispering Winds months ago, Jane had changed. Her son would never return and her life wasn't as it used to be, but it was okay. She started to appreciate small things more, and even got herself a pet to keep her company. Her garden that was once neglected began to thrive, and she stopped using guns for anything other than target practice.

And as for God and Conrad, she never did know what happened to them. Once authorities started noticing a pattern of missing hunters- as well as Whispering Winds being notorious because of the cult- they decided the forest would be shut off to everyone indefinitely. It was a difficult decision and made the locals upset, but one that made Jane happy. At least no more people would be harmed.

"-We have reports of a large, unknown creature spotted just South of Massachusetts, terrorizing local hunters. Here's Freddy with more coverage, coming to you live."

Jane almost dropped her cup as she struggled to pick up the remote, pressing up on the volume button.

A news reporter appeared on screen, nodding and gesturing behind him. The camera man drifted over to a scene of a forest, zooming in as the man began to speak.

"That's right, Carol. Just a few hours ago, a group of hunters claimed to have been chased out of this forest by a tall man with horns. Police are still investigating the incident, as well as looking for a missing hunter who was with the group. Tried getting in touch with local law enforcement but they are unable to give us a response as to what's going on..."

Jane's eyes widened as she breathed in deeply, leaning back on her sofa. She glanced over at her pet, then at a nearby window for a moment.

The woman sat in silence for what seemed like ages, taking in the sights and muffled sounds of the outer world. Finally, she quietly picked up her cup and took a small sip while flipping the channel on her remote.

xxx

They call him the God of the Forest- the voice for those who possess none.
He resides wherever hunting is allowed, traveling from forest to forest and terrorizing local hunters until authorities have no choice but to prohibit people from entering.
God doesn't hunt alone, in fact there is another being by his side. A grotesque, awful creature  carrying the scent of the dead with it.

Once you step into God's forest, you enter a world that isn't your own. You'll see things, hear whispers, and even go mad if you don't have your head on right.
However, if you're a chosen one, you might catch him, watching you from the deep, dense woods. And if you're brave enough to stick around, he will present himself to you- sometimes alone, but usually with a very peculiar woman by his side.
A woman with skin as white as snow and hair as radiant as the sun. A perfect replica of the Virgin Mary.
She will speak to you in a voice that can only be described as otherworldly, beckoning you to stay and hear what God has to say...

THE END

Roll Credits: