Chapter 23

Sam

I look up at him and ask "What kind of proposition?"I get chills everytime those green eyes pop up in my head. I can't shake the feeling that I just made a deal with the devil. What kind of proposition ? All I want is a bed and some warm food.

     He chuckles and yells "Get her cleaned up and sent to the recoding room."

     All of sudden his group of minions opens the door and motions to pick me up.

     Why do their faces look like they pity me? What's this dreadful feeling in my gut?"

     I whisper "What is the recoding room? What will he do with me?"

     All of them had immensely strong rat like features..-

     One of them utters "Don't worry, you won't remember any of it. Remember the more you move then, the more it will hurt!" One of his pals motions for him to be quiet.

      I start thrashing in their arms and helplessly ask "What will hurt? What's going to happen?" Next thing I know, I am thrown into a dark room."

      At this point..I don't even know if I will make it back to Lyndda and Lynor. It's crazy how a few hours can change everything in my life. This morning I was eating breakfast with Lyndda and now I am kidnapped by the very thing that brought us here! All this started because of a rat in one of my bins.. All of sudden, I am interrupted by a loud voice in the room.

     START INITIATION

    Bleep..Bleep...Bleep

       Suddenly, an ear-splitting sound started piercing my ears. A low throbbing migraine started springing up in my head. Then, it felt like I was getting pricked in my head a thousand times. Oh no... my head. Why do my head feel like it's been split in half? Anything is better than feeling this kind of pain. As I fall to the floor, I start screaming "Ahhhhhhhhh, please stop! I can't take this any more."

      Beep.Beep..Beep

      Suddenly everything stopped, but a big white flash lit up the room. Then a clear gooey liquid splashed my body. By first touch it felt cool, but then my skin felt like it was on fire. It's burning my skin! Sniff.. What's that smell? BURNT FLESH....Wait, is that smoke? Where is it coming from? M...ME! As tears started rolling down my cheeks, I started screeching "I am begging you! Please make it stop...pll

     Everything went dark.......

At this point, don't you wish that Sam never found that rat in her house?

What do you think will happen to Sam next?

Italics- Internal Dialogue