29

ARIA

"Aria. Come here, please." I heard Sandro's voice from a room in the penthouse, calling me over. He sounded more serious than usual and it grasped my attention immediately.

I dropped the knife, deciding against cutting my apple and instead to just bite into it. And of course it was the best fucking apple I've ever had. I really needed to ask Sandro where he got all his fruits and vegetables from.

Quickly striding up the stairs, I turned down the hallway. I entered Sandro's office, finding him sitting at his desk with an open laptop in front of him. He raised his head, motioning with his fingers for me to join him.

I walked to where he sat and his hand slipped around my waist to pull me into his lap. I sat on his thigh, tilting slightly to the side to get comfortable as I let my free arm hang on his shoulders.

Sandro opened his mouth and I put my apple to his lips without hesitation. He took a massive bite, almost biting it in half and I scowled at him before pulling it away.

"Jeez," I whispered under my breath, giving him a dirty look.

After he chewed, he rest his chin on my shoulder. "Bellissima, do you know this person?"

I looked at the screen, leaning closer. It was a black and white pixelated picture, obviously from a security camera and I recognised the background instantly.

It was taken outside of my complex, and the date in the corner of the screen correlated with the day my door had been kicked down. I narrowed my eyes, zooming in on the man in the frame.

I shook my head, "No I don't think so. It's very difficult to tell,"

"Are you sure? Look closer," Sandro said, keeping his hand on my waist to steady me as I attempted to get a better view. No avail.

I didn't recognise the person, but one thing I knew was that Kian didn't look like that.

The man on the screen was dressed in a hoodie and it was clear that his face and hands were covered in dark bruises.

My shoulders slumped in disappointment. I loved staying with Sandro but I was also starting to miss my space. How long was this going to take? Days? Weeks? Months? I rest my back onto Sandro's chest and he offered me a comforting kiss on my shoulder.

"It could be someone working with Kian," Sandro said, playing with my hair and twirling it around his finger. "We don't know for sure. My men are working on finding this person,"

"Okay," I said softly, pursing my lips. "Are you packed?"

We were supposed to leave in the next few hours.

I felt his smile on my skin. "Of course I am,"

"You seem more excited than me," I commented, turning around to straddle him instead. His hands went to my hips almost immediately.

"I feel like I am. I cannot wait to meet your mama," Sandro said, and I grinned at how adorable he was being.

He stilled, biting his lip and he almost looked nervous. "Do you think..." he trailed off.

"Think what?" I asked.

"I can't believe I'm asking this. Do you think she'll like me?" Sandro asked and then cringed at himself. I chuckled, taking his hand in mine to give him a kiss on his tattoos. I always found it endearing how Sandro was capable of being so cute and hot at the same time.

"My mother will love you, Sandro. Don't worry about it," I assured, knowing that my mother loved anyone who was nice to me and Sandro surpassed that standard.