Right here- NR

- nats girlfriend:

- nats girlfriend:

Tw: self harm, anxiety

- private messages are always open <3

Nats pov-
Y/n and I have been dating for a year. Our one year actually past about a week ago and we have just come back from our trip away to southern France. It was beautiful there, so peaceful. We got to have time just for ourselves. Which didn't happen often but she always made sure every moment counted.

However as soon as we came back we were bombarded with work from Fury. I was really pissed off at him actually. I told him that y/n had been struggling recently so if he could ease off the workload but no.... Honestly men.

Y/n and I are currently sitting in our shared office. I keep glancing up to check she's ok. She's fiddling with her ring, I know she's concentrating so I'm going to wait until she's ready. If I've learnt one thing about her, it's that she will tell you, but in her own time when shes ready. The more you push her to tell you, the further away she pushes you.

I look at her shut the file then run her fingers through her hair and place her head in her hands.

Nat: "everything ok bubs"
You: " yeh fine I'm just going to grab a jumper from our room, do you want anything?"
Nat: " I'm ok, your welcome to steal that blue one if you want"

She loves the blue one. I have no idea why. It's so old. But whatever makes her happy.

I watch her hurry out the room.

I try not too worry too much. It's just hard because I'm scared that I'm not doing enough to help her.

Your pov:
Ever since I was 16. Which was about 8 years ago I have been struggling with mental health issues. I don't talk about it. I really have no desire for people to know.

I always had to work hard for every grade, it didn't come easy to me. I managed to work my way into SHIELD but the process was gruelling. Academic validation...... it's where a lot of it started.

Everytime I got a bad grade I would cut myself as punishment. Although people told me I was doing good, I wasn't meeting my own standards. It steadily got worse over time. I had therapy and even got sectioned under the mental health act.

However, with help I got back on track and here I am. In recent months I've been feeling shit. To sum it up. I relapse after 3 years clean, and I felt so guilty about that I started distancing myself from Nat. I wasn't aware of it until Nat started noticing. I didn't want to have sex anymore, I didn't want to shower together, I didn't want to cuddle. To be perfectly honest I hated myself.

The pressure grew as I got promoted recently in SHIELD. I have alot of responsibility and I don't think I was ready for it.

Today has been especially bad, I needed to do it. I needed a release, I've felt sick all day and overwhelmed and this is the only thing that will calm me down.