Chapter 16 - Eliza Meets Lori

It is now around 3AM in the morning, and currently both Kara and Lori are fast asleep in their own beds. After Kara and Lena had their make out session, the two did eventually stop, and decide that they couldn't do anything further. They both actually want to go on a date first before they do anything really intimate. Kara and Lena are both confident that a date won't change how they already feel about each other, but they know they need to be completely sure because there is a kid in the picture now. Plus, Kara isn't too sure about actually having sex with Lena, and a woman, for the first time, with Lori in the next room where she can hear them.

In Lori's bedroom, the 7-year-old wakes up, with a start. Lori wasn't just having a nightmare or anything, at least not that she can remember, but she still woke up very suddenly, which isn't a pleasant feeling. After this, Lori spends the next 10 minutes or so trying to fall back to sleep, but she just feels tense and a bit scared the whole time, which makes it completely impossible. Eventually, Lori's thoughts lead back to when Kara told her that she could come into her room whenever she wants. So, Lori gets out of bed, along with one of her teddy bears, and heads for Kara's room. Just before Lori enters, she does think that maybe Lena will be in there sleeping with Kara, and the adults will not want her to see that, so maybe she shouldn't go in. However, ultimately just standing outside Kara's room thinking things through makes Lori even more scared, so she opens the door and sees that Kara is alone.

"Kara?" Lori says, in a soft voice, biting her lip.

Kara doesn't respond, so Lori walks towards Kara's bed, right next to the side where the blonde is currently laying.

"Kara.... I'm scared.... Can I sleep with you?" Lori asks.

In response to this, a still sleeping Kara mumbles something, which Lori doesn't understand, but then opens her arms in a gesture which suggests to the 7-year-old that she can get into the bed.

Lori then quickly gets up onto the bed with Kara, and under the covers. After Lori does this, a still asleep Kara pulls Lori close to her, in a hug, which makes the 7-year-old feel very safe and protected.

"Thank you, Kara." Lori says, now feeling a lot more at ease, and sleeping.

"Hhmhmmm..." Kara mumbles, still asleep, and kisses Lori on one of her cheeks.

After this, Lori quickly falls back to sleep, feeling safer than she has ever been in Kara's arms.

*******************************

Kara wakes up the following morning at around 8AM. However, as soon as she wakes up, she feels something weird lying next to her. So, Kara opens her eyes, and that is when she sees that Lori is snuggled next to her, fast asleep, sleeping in her bed with her. Kara has absolutely no idea when Lori joined her in bed or anything, but she can't help but feel happy that Lori is so comfortable with her that she will do this with her. Kara honestly doesn't think she will ever get tired of snuggling with Lori, and she will still cherish every opportunity.

Kara continues to lay there with Lori for about 30 minutes, however, the superhero soon realises that she probably needs to get up soon, as Eliza said she will be arriving at sometime between 9 and 10, as she told Kara she would be leaving Midvale at around 6 this morning.

"Lori, baby?" Kara says, in a soft voice, stroking one of the 7-year-old's cheeks.

Kara continues to stroke one of Lori's cheeks for the next few moments, and eventually the 7-year-old opens her eyes and tiredly looks up at Kara.

"Morning, little one." Kara smiles, with so much love filling her heart right now.

"Kara...." Lori says, in a sleepy voice, with a little yawn.