Chapter 72

"Hm? What happened?"

The same cold voice spoke as the man looked out the window to see a bright shining moon once again.

"Master, we have...failed."

Long dark blue hair in a ponytail peacefully laid on the man's back however his once calm expression was no more.

The man's eyebrows scrunched, "Explain in further details, may you?"

His light sky blue eyes which were barely visible were sharply glared at the mage, eyes were white to the mage.

"Well...um, we have sent a mage to kill Ralph, but it did not go to plan as the mage was caught and killed."

"By who?"

The tanned man asked the mage.

"Irene Garcia."

The man paused for a moment, "Are you telling me a 13-year-old murdered a second-level mage?"

"Yes," the mage gulped in response.

"I can't have weak mages in my tower."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, weren't you in charge of the second-level mages?"

The man spoke with a chilly smile, "Uh..yes am I," the mage had a bad feeling, their stomach started to twist.

The more the mage stared into their master's eyes, the more they felt as if the sense of death was coming.

They also saw something, they stared into their master's eyes as they watched the eyes go from white to light sky blue.

The mage drop to the ground.

"Hm? This mage did not even realize when he stared into my eyes," the man grinned wide and stood up to his desk.

Grabbed the coat, it was handly made with high-quality fabric that was dark purple and black with golden buttons.

Also had a symbol for the hidden dark mage tower.

"Nothing can stop the grandmaster mage," the man smirked and put on the hood, I am going to visit this young lady.

"Do as you please," the mage that was hidden in the shadow.

"Keep watching the tower for me while I'm gone, bye!"

The mage watched their master disappear, Darwyn Leanor, the grandmaster mage of the dark tower located far from the empire to hide.

Dark magic is banned in the empire.

"The day will come; where we reveal ourselves," the mage stared into the fake skull on their master's desk.

Irene's conflicted situation made her decide to visit the garden to release thoughts.

More important, think logically and relax.

Irene looked up to the sky, "Am I the cursed child?"

She kneeled to touch the white roses in her garden and accidentally cut her fingers with the spikes from the stem.

"Ow...right after what I said," Irene looked at the roses, she used to admire them with their white petals as they reminded her of life and purity.

However, now to Irene, it seems to mean nothing but that, more like death as white roses are easily painted.

Irene felt a sudden presence around her, she was alerted.

"Who is it?"

Irene threw on a rose in the direction to try to bring the stalker out.