01 | ahoy, ladies

CHAPTER ONE
ahoy, ladies

CHAPTER ONEahoy, ladies

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*・✧

"Ahoy! Welcome to—" Steve Harrington swung around with a forced smile, ready to greet his next customer. His face quickly dropped, "Oh, it's just you."

"Hello to you too," Azalea grinned teasingly. She pointed at his head, "Nice hat."

"I swear to God, if one more person says something about my hat—"

"I think it's a great hat."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Of course you do." Steve rolled his eyes, knowing she was making fun of him, "It's embarrassing. My hair is my best feature."

Azalea raised her brows.

He spoke lower, "And wearing this stupid hat isn't really helping my game with the ladies."

She smirked, "There it is."

"And neither are you. Move, move," Steve hurriedly motioned for her to get away from the front counter, a circle of cute girls entering the shop.

"Asshole."

Azalea awkwardly shuffled away to the left of the counter, leaning on the wall.

Steve hyped himself up to greet them, plastering a smolder on his face. Azalea had to bite her lip to suppress her laugh.

"Ahoy, ladies! Welcome to Scoops Ahoy. Ahoy! Heh, my name is Steve Harrington. Could I interest any of you girls in today's special—Banana Boat Sundae? What's better than banana, fudge, and ice cream?"

There was silence that fell over the girls as they took in Steve's word vomit. Azalea didn't realize how loud he was talking until he had finished.

The silence that followed was deafening.

"Um, hi." The girl in the middle said softly, shying away from Steve's intense smile, "We each just want one scoop of Cherries Jubilee."

"Of course! Great choice. You have great taste." He added with a wink, "Cup or cone?"

"Cup." she said flatly.

Azalea cringed. This whole act he was putting on really did him no favors at all.

From behind Steve, his coworker slid the glass door open, a smug smile on her face as she watched him make a fool out of himself.