²⁹midnight snack

JULY
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE.
"midnight snack"

─────────────────

"psst." a whisper echoed throughout y/n's apartment. "y/nnn."

the midnight sky was littered with twinkling stars, as the bright moon shone down on the ground. the peaceful, night silence echoed throughout the neighbourhood, welcoming themselves into the homes of many people.

bokuto pouted as no noise nor reply emitted from the girl. he looked over to akaashi, who was also sound asleep a metre away from him. he turned his head back to y/n, who was simply sleeping on the couch. "psssssssssst. y/nnnnn."

the girl let out a small groan, turning away from him and facing the back of the couch. "what."

"i'm hungry." the grey haired male whispered, as awake as an owl. but the same couldn't be said about y/n.

bokuto wanted to do something fun with the girl, as it was the holidays and they haven't done anything yet. so y/n invited them for a sleepover. akaashi was a bit hesitant on the offer, as he'd never really gone to a girl's house before - let alone a sleepover, but bokuto was adamant on it, a bunch of fun ideas coming to mind as he was excited over it.

not really wanting to leave bokuto and his wild self with the girl, akaashi agreed. they arrived at the girl's apartment in the late afternoons, and spent their time having fun with each other. movies, games, food, more food, and going to the park late at night just to feed off all the energy that bokuto had from all the lollies he ate. it sounded like simple sleepover ideas, but with the people there, you underestimate the amount of fun they had.

earlier, the three were playing a game of mariokart on y/n's nintendo (connected to the tv), and practically woke the whole neighbourhood up late at night.

"Y/N IF YOU TAKE MY SPOT I WILL BASH YOU WITH A FUCKING BALL!" bokuto yelled agressively, gripping the small controller in his hands as he visibly tilted his body side to side, as if it was his body moving his car.

"that's not very nice, is it kou?" the girl asked in a dull tone, but both bokuto and akaashi could practically hear the smirk on her lips.

y/n just overlapped the boy's first-place spot in the race, listening as he let out loud gibberish noises, stiffling a laugh from the girl. now placing second, bokuto glared at the screen, going through the lucky box.

"HAH! I GOT A BLUE MUSHROOM--"

though before he could throw the mushroom, a red one made contact with his character, stopping him. other players zoomed past him, causing bokuto's mouth to drop. his ehad then turned to akaashi - who was now in second place.

"AKAASHI--"

that was when they heard the front door open, a sleep deprived, messy haired haruhi showing herself. akaashi and y/n widened their eyes, stopping their gameplay whereas bokuto continued, not noticing the girl.

"hah! beat that! i just beat the both of you--"

a sharp nudge hit bokuto's side, a yelp escaping his mouth as akaashi told him to shut up, and look at the front. turning his head, bokuto then noticed the first year girl standing there.

"y/n-senpai. bokuto-senpai. akaashi-senpai." the girl started, glaring at all of them. "respectfully, shut the fuck up."

"midnight snack"

that was probably the highlight of their night, and the reason why bokuto is now scared of the small first year. after that, they had decided to watch a movie to kill the adrenaline. though this didn't work out much as lollies were laid before them, and bokuto had practically eaten all of it.