𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌

ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇꜱ ᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇꜱ ɪꜱ ᴏɴᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴏʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ʏᴏᴜ. "

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

Seo-Yun sat on the edge of the rooftop, her feet dangling just off the edge. White clouds of smoke escaped her lips as she exhaled the toxins, the woman hummed a calming tune to herself as she stared at the view in front of her. 

"Even as a reaper, you shouldn't have those," Joong-Gil spoke from behind her. Seo-Yun rolled her eyes and took another drag, she turned her head to the side when he sat down beside her she reached into her coat pocket and took out the rectangular packet.

"Want one?" Seo-Yun offered, Joong-Gil stared at the packet for a moment before reaching out and grabbing one. Seo-Yun silently handed him the lighter before looking back at the busy city.

"I'll never get over how much it's changed." She mumbled, she missed the countless woods, the hills and the lushes green fields but all the buildings and lights were beautiful too. Joong-Gil hummed as he took a drag of his own cigarette, the two sat in silence for a while before Seo-Yun remember something.

"Have we been able to find the missing soul? Heo Na-young?" Seo-Yun asked, Joong-Gil let out an annoyed sigh and shook his head. 

"I have Jae-Hee and Soo-In looking for the soul." Seo-Yun nodded and put out her cigarette, she stood up and dusted off her clothes before looking down at Joong-Gil.

"Then let's get back to work," Seo-Yun said, Joong-Gil looked down to hide his minuscule smirk before copying her actions and standing up. 

"I've just received a message from Jae-Hee. She's found a lead for the missing soul." Seo-Yun nodded firmly and turned to two members of their team.

"Have your reports to me by the end of the day." She ordered as she stood up from her chair. The two men nodded and bowed before hastily making their way out of the office, leaving Seo-Yun and Joong-Gil remaining. Seo-Yun slipped on her pristine blazer and tightened her leather gloves before peering at her partner with sharp eyes.

"Let's go then. This soul has already caused us enough trouble." She muttered. The two transported to Jae-Hee and Soo-In's current location only to see two familiar figures standing with their co-workers, Seo-Yun took a deep breath and clenched her jaw.

Why is it always them? She thought to herself, her annoyance and frustration growing. Seo-Yun ignored the pointed look Joong-Gil threw her and continued to walk towards them.