7

Everyone had received a message from Maverick that morning, telling them to meet him at the beach near the Hard Deck and a list of things to bring. Of course, all the aviators were confused but they went anyway. 

"I wonder what training we'll be doing on the beach," Rooster pondered after he had picked Flynn up. 

"I have no idea, I got the same message" 

The two of them soon arrived and saw a group of the others at the beach. It wasn't long until she spotted Hangman, who was yet to take his eyes off of her. 

"Rooster, Flynn, nice of you to join us," Maverick said making Flynn go red, "Today we are working on team bonding, so what better way to bond than having a game of beach football" 

There were a load of cheers before Maverick split everyone into two teams, however there was an uneven amount of aviators. 

"Hangman's team have a player short...Flynn?" 

Flynn's eyes widened. 

"Oh erm no. I don't do sports," Flynn declined immediately. 

"Tough luck kiddo," Rooster said before grabbing her and throwing her over his shoulder, making everyone except Hangman laugh. 

"Rooster put me down!" she protested, trying to get out of his grip which was pretty much impossible. 

"Come on guys, we've got a game to win," Rooster smirked, carrying Flynn to where they were about to play. 

"Bradley Bradshaw put me down immediately!"

Rooster eventually put her down, a massive grin on his face. 

"Oh you're so going down Bradshaw" 

Maverick started the game, everyone immediately working together to help their teams, just as Pete wanted. Although they were on the same team, Flynn did all she could to ignore Hangman. Opportunity to pass the ball? Ignored. Hangman offering his hand when she got knocked over? Ignored. 

The sun was beating down on them as they carried on playing, making everyone except Bob and Flynn take off their shirts. Flynn couldn't help but stare at Rooster as he revealed what he had been hiding under his shirt. That man was ripped, they all were. 

Eventually they had a water break, that had been provided by Penny of course. Hangman saw an opportunity to talk to Flynn which he took immediately. 

"Flynn?" 

Flynn was sat on the sand, water bottle in hand and when she saw Hangman try and talk to her she got up straight away. 

"Flynn wait!"

She didn't listen, instead she walked up the beach and went to sit on bench with Penny who was reading a book and sipping on some orange juice. 

"Everything okay darling?" Penny asked her niece as she sat down. 

"Yeah, just tired," Flynn partially lied. 

"I heard about what happened yesterday," the older woman acknowledged, "You know you can talk to me about anything right?" 

"There's nothing to talk about"