Smile, Aera (2/3) || 17

aera felt numb. she couldn't feel her own body, even the tears dried by now, just laying in the bed even though it's been more than an hour since jaemin left. she sits up slowly, glancing at down at herself and the mess he made in her room that churns her stomach violently, making her feel nauseous just by the sight of it.

breathing deeply, she stands up with wobbly legs, covering her mouth with her palm as she tries to suppress her sobs, making her way to the bathroom and stands under the shower, rubbing herself with her hands then with the soft scrub, pouring all kinds of shower gels, soaps and body washes she could find in her bathroom.

half an hour of scrubbing and washing jaemin away, aera takes a deep breath, washing her face one last time to make her eyes look a little less red rather than she's been crying for long enough now. she puts on a robe for now, going back to her room and takes a deep breath before starting with her job of getting the room clean.

she pulls out bedsheets, pillow covers and even the carpet, dumping them in the laundry basket and takes a new set out from the cupboard, putting it on nicely, then lights two of her favourite scented candles and opens the windows, feeling less suffocated and sits on the bed finally. 

some voice come from downstairs, making her frown as she knew the maids wouldn't talk to each other like that, then it hits her that it must he her brothers. aera sighs deeply, getting up to grab her clothes and get dressed, though she really wanted to sleep right now.

"aera?" jungkook's voice calls, making her flinch as the door swings open and a flushed jungkook turns away quickly, closing the door again, "sorry, i didn't know you were changing,"

aera sighs, putting on her shirt and keeps the towel away, grabbing the dryer for her hair now, "you can come in, i'm done," she says with zero interest in meeting him, though it doesn't bother jungkook for he straight away goes for a hug and kisses her forehead, making the girl cringe, but keeps herself from pulling for the sake of being polite.

"i missed you so much, riri," he whispers, staying close as he's leaning down to hug her, "you've become a big girl hm? the last time we met i could actually carry you in my arms," he chuckles, patting her head and aera smiles a little.

"how are you?" she says, putting the dryer away and gestures her hand towards the door, not liking the fact that he just showed up to her room and nobody stopped him.

"i'm great as ever, tell me about yourself," jungkook beams, throwing his arm around her as he heads downstairs, walking a little faster than her comfort. though she says nothing and keeps up with his pace, smiling like she's not about to throw hands at the next person who clings onto her.

"hey aera," jimin's voice fills her ears and widens her smile for him, preparing herself for another long hug, "there you are, kiddo," he smiles at her, hugging her tightly and presses a kiss on the side of her head, making her close her eyes in disgust. when he pulls away, haewon comes to hug her and this time aera felt herself breathing again for haewon wasn't a man.

"hey, jiwon, c'mere buddy," jungkook calls the toddler, carrying him up in his arms and stands near aera, "say hi to noona,"

"hi..." jiwon mumbles, staring at the older girl while his parents smile at them, "me chiwon,"

"good boy," jungkook chuckles, "do you know noona's name?"

the two-year-old nods, "riri,"

aera smiles at the baby, holding out her hand for him, forgetting about her wish to stay away from them for a while and steps near her brother, "hi, we're meeting for the first time," she hushes out softly with a smile, "you're cute,"