[ 𝟎𝟑𝟓 ] 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐫. 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 :(

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

The car moved quickly down a narrow road as it passed by multiple green trees and large areas of farmland. The three were on the way to somewhere in Pennsylvania, but Klaus hadn't told them an exact destination.

Y/n sat in the back seat with headphones on as she listened to an MP3 player she stole from a store they were near while Klaus got food. She was able to pick out songs she liked, and make a playlist while she waited. She moved her head up and down softly as she imagined scenarios to the songs she heard, knowing it would help pass the time and keep her occupied.

In the front, Klaus sat in the driver's seat while Five sat in the passenger. Number four had snagged a car from the hotel, claiming it to be his, and they used the vehicle as their getaway car for the rest of the voyage.

As the song (You Drive Me) Crazy [The Stop Remix!] by Britney Spears played throughout Y/n's headphones, Klaus sipped what was left of his drink as they passed by the Roadside Attractions Ahead sign.

Five clicked his tongue. "This actually isn't so terrible."

"See? Told you," Klaus said confidently.

"Come to think of it, my whole life I've been under the gun," confessed Five. "Missions for Dad, working for the Commission, trying to survive the apocalypse. I was always looking around every corner, just waiting for the other shoe to drop." He looked over at his brother. "It's nice to just breathe."

"Good for you, man. Retirement is suiting you." Klaus began to smile.

"Oh!" Five remembered. "Uh . . . " Five bent down to the glove compartment and grabbed a huge map. "All righty! So, I've circled all the roadside attractions along the way." The map was graphed with Pennsylvania and had multiple places circled with a red marker. He was going to use a pen, but it didn't show much. "Good thing we're going this way because I've had this planned for a bit."

"Oh, I'm not sure we're gonna have time for all that—" Klaus slurred but Five went on.

"We have the Brownsville Big Nickel. Oh, Ricky's Bakery has award-winning pies," Five explained his plot points.

Klaus then tried again, "Well, if you just let me explain—" but he was cut off once more.

"—Or, Klaus, there's this Cow Henge. That's it—Don't—Come on—" Five looked over at him with a grin.

"Alright! Listen to me. Just shut up for two seconds, okay?" Klaus finally got Five to be quiet. "Just two seconds? All right?"

Five's smile faded and he shoved his map back into the glove compartment as he turned back to Klaus with a tight-lipped grin. "Okay, I'm all ears."

"Good. Now, get your girlfriend so she can hear, too."

Five rolled his eyes before looking toward Klaus. "Why don't you get her? Since you're so eager to tell the news." He smiled sarcastically.

"Because I'm driving!" Klaus put a hand up. "Don't make me turn this car around, mister. You'll miss all your precious attractions and you'll never live up to the retirement you want."

Five sighed and turned his shoulder around. He looked behind him to see Y/n peering out the window, mindlessly watching as things quickly moved by. He took note of how she rubbed her lips together, taking her bottom lip into her mouth to bite off the deadness that flaked out to her—annoying her.