[ 𝟎𝟑𝟕 ] 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐫𝐨𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡

┌───────────────────┐
☂︎☂︎☂︎
└───────────────────┘

The two women were soon then engaged in a conversation as time passed by. Y/n got dressed in the outfit she left the mall with Five in, which were the blue jeans and multi-dark colored sweater—and Lila put on clothes she had bought and put to the side.

"Wait, so then what did he do?" Lila asked as she put on some makeup that Y/n stole a few days before.

"He gets up and everything falls onto the floor. And I mean, everything. It was so embarrassing!" Y/n laughed as Lila continued her eye makeup.

"I cannot believe Elliot put you up to that," admitted Lila as she looked over to the girl who sat behind her on the edge of the tub.

"Me neither." She looked off to the side. "I miss him. Along with Eleanor. I owe them a lot."

Lila nodded as she finished off her right eye with eyeliner. "Well, they took you in and made you family just like that. I guess you do owe them then."

Y/n sighed. "I know this may be a hard question to answer but . . . was the Handler a good mother?Before all the—ya know, betraying and such?"

Lila went silent as she moved on to her left eye. "Well—" she ended with a sigh. "mothers are figures that you can look up to whenever you need encouragement or a look-alike to feel better about yourself—that's what I've always heard. But, she was quite different."

Y/n gave a confused look. "How do you mean?" She took out chapstick and applied it to her lips.

"She really did care for me. I know mothers are obviously supposed to, but people thought of her a different way than I did. We had all the cliché memories like going to the first day of school, getting my license, buying a car, prom, all that."

Y/n looked down as Lila explained. That's what she wishes she had with her mother. All of those firsts that she never got to experience.

"You know what I'm talking about?" Lila looked behind herself to the girl to see her looking down at her hands.

"I wish I did." Y/n nodded. "You're lucky you experienced those firsts. I know I had mother figures like Grace and Eleanor, and I'm for sure thankful for them, but—"

"You want to be able to experience those types of things," Lila filled in and Y/n nodded. "You know, I'm glad I was able to have time to talk to you."

Y/n hummed as she felt the same. "Same here." She smiled. "The others wouldn't talk to me like this. And you understand my humor way more than anyone I've met. Well, except Mace. He's like a s/c version of Deadpool without the sex life part."

Lila laughed her ass off as she finished her eye makeup. "Thank god I now finally have someone else to talk to, as well. Now I have someone to annoy Five with while we try and reboot the suitcase. And I am ninety-nine percent sure it's not going to work."

Y/n shrugged. "I may have to side with you there. It's a long jump, but there has to be another way, right?"

Lila nodded. "Yeah, there has to be."

Y/n thought for a bit before a question came up in her mind. "Do you think the Commission has any books on mind methods? Maybe anything on walking through the mind, perhaps?"