Chapter Twenty Nine | 'Go back to the drawing board'

A L E X A N D R A | J O N E S

Author: This is the last chapter before the end of the book, i tried to make it longer but it would just affect the plot. Love all. 

SONG CHOICE: LOVE STORY BY TAYLOR SWIFT half way through

MATURE 🔞

Despite the fact that the duvet kept me warm, frost developed on the windows. I stood there for a while, watching the ice crystals form, and emptying my mind, content to exist and be. I would have felt warmer with a certain pair of safe hands wrapped around my waist; it's been over six hours and there hasn't been a single word from Ares. He seemed to be ignoring me.

I look down at my phone.

Auntie Coraline: You parents are coming home at nine. Just to let you know.

Me: Okay, thank you.

Atlas nipped out to by me some pomegranate seed from the store across the road, I walk away from the city view and into the lobby where I notice a room in the far end of the hallway. I look around, might as well check it out before Atlas or Ares comes back.

The duvet dragging behind me, my palm pushes the door open.

Shock spreads across my face.

Stories about Diávolos are everywhere.

Newspapers were stuck against ever ounce and inch of the wall, covering it from the ceiling to the floor. Each is a different murder that he committed. It scares me, but he does not. So, as I come to think about it, who is Diávolos? Is it another personality that Ares has?

Every murder he committed; the victim was not ever a victim. He only goes for rapists, podophiles, and kidnappers. I noticed by the pattern. Not a single innocent soul.

I graze the wall for a second, seeing the names of dead men and what their crime was. I see pictures of dead innocent girls that were found, and-Diávolos avenged every single one of them.

The sound of a slamming door causes me to jump from fright, I back away from the wall. That must be Atlas back with my seeds, I rush out of the room and close the door behind me.

I decide to go and check up on him, I pull open the door of the room and step out into the lobby. However, with every step I took...something stick caresses my foot. I slowly look down; the sight of blood allows my heartrate to increase dramatically. All I could do was hope that at the end of the bloodied trail would be Ares.

A lot of blood.

I should be scared, i follow the trail.

The handle of the bathroom door is covered in blood, instead I push it open.

Nothing could have made me handle what I saw, Ares leaned onto the counter with blood smeared all over his face and body.

I stare at him in shock, Ares slides his shirt of from over his head and the rest of his clothes. He opens the shower and turns to stare at me, we just stared at each other. As if he was trying to explain everything through his eyes, the counter of the sink had blood draw all over it.

"Ares...what have you done?" I whisper.

"Bar fight." He responds.

"Ares. You are covered in blood..." His demeanour did not change a bit, he steps in the shower, and I watch as the blood scribbles down his body and into the drain. The once coloured white flooring turning crimson red, I walk towards him. I watch the blood swirl around into the drain.