this is not good

(15 years later)

(15 years later)

When one of your family members die, you are expected to mourn. Marlowe Bianca Alvarez did not mourn when her aunt died. She felt nothing as she sat in the guidance counselor's office with her uncle by her side. How are you supposed to mourn someone who blamed you for their sister's death?

 How are you supposed to mourn someone who blamed you for their sister's death?

"Marlowe. Marlowe are you listening?"

I was snapped out of my thoughts by my guidance counselor's very annoying voice. Mrs. Patterson has three voices. Her bossy voice, her "helpful" voice and her pity voice. This was her pity voice.

"Yeah. I'm listening." I answered blankly.

Wait, what were we talking about?

"Ok. As I was saying, we have connections with a therapist that might be able to help you with any grief that you are feeling. Would you like her information?"

There is no way in h-e-double-hockeysticks that I am talking about fake feelings to a fake person that is only using my broken mental health to get money.

"No. I'm fine. I'll be fine." I answered just as my uncle responded. "No."

He has a very firm belief that if you talk about your feelings or express any sort of emotion you are a weak person that deserves to be beaten to toughen up.

I learned that when I was 4.

"Now we have places to be, so if you would be so kind as to show us the way out, that would be great." Sebastián told Mrs Patterson with a fake smile.

"Well, I was hoping to be able to talk to you a bit more about-"

"I wasn't asking." Seb-ass-tián interrupted.

"Oh. Ok. Well I'll see you at the next parent-teacher conference. Marlowe I'll see you tomorrow in school, honey. That is only if you're up for it."

Ok. I can get behind not going to school. I wonder if I fake a mental breakdown I'll get a "get-out-of-jail-free card."