Chapter 32

-----

Ciane

I am again standing staring at the wide expanse of trees covering the mansion, the small duffle bag clutched in my hand so tightly I can feel it almost snapping.

"Are you ready?" Jonah's voice sounds behind me and I offer him no acknowledgement.

A part of me wants to turn back and dive into my room and sleep for a very long time but the other part knows I can't do that. It's a journey that must be made, an important part that must be completed.

"Yeah, where is Christian?" I ask, turning to glance at him.

"He's not here. I think he's still mad you didn't go with his plan." Yeah the intricate plan to get us in a bigger mess.

"He'll get over it, we need to leave now." I offer as I hoist the bag to my shoulders.

"Are you sure about this, Ciane?" Jonah asks, his voice sounds unsure.

"No, but it something that must be done. Now come on before I change my mind, again." I exclaim walking deeper into the dark forest right in front of the mansion.

I had never left the mansion after I was attacked and now, here I am heading back to the man that had caused pain in my life. Someone who has made tears flow down my eyes so bitterly and so angrily.

"We should shift, we will get there faster." Jonah states and I freeze.

It has been so long, so so long since I was in my wolf form, the other part of me I had not let out in a long time. The urge to shift had receded back when Exus had used his alpha command to stop me from shifting. I cannot recall it. I can vaguely recall the grey and white fur that coat my wolf. A wolf that has never run through the cold forest or felt the cool dirt between their paws, the wind blowing through their fur or the dripping of the rain, nature's sweet scent.

"I cannot shift." Jonah freeze. "Exus commanded me never to shift."

"What?" His eyes so wide they almost pop out of his sockets.

He's quiet for a moment before he speaks up again.

"When you left the pack, the command also lifted so you can now do it but it'll be painful. Do you want to try? I didn't know he commanded you not to shift. I'm so sorry." Jonah explains, remorseful.

"It's not your fault and I would like to try." I state.

"Okay do you remember how to do it?" He asks and I give him a small nod.

I pull the black top and the dark skinny jeans I had on without warning Jonah. His eyes widen before he quickly turns away.

"Can I get a warning first, jeez."

I wasn't concentrating on him anymore as I pushed my human consciousness out, and letting the animal side of me to take reign. And it happens, the most intense pain I have ever experienced rushes through every bone in my body. I feel crack after crack as my body begin to take the form of my wolf. Whimpers leave my mouth as I try to suppress the pain roaming through every part of my body. I can feel the tears falling down my cheeks as I transition from human to wolf. I lay still as I breath to my shifted form. I can smell the sweet scent of the dirt covering the surface of the earth, the light breeze brushing through the thickness of my fur, Jonah's unique flowery scent, the flowing water from a river a few miles away.