Welcome The Apparatus Battler, Rumi-Chan!

A/N: so I struggled slightly typing this chapter out, been depressing the past handful of days but since I'm really looking forward to typing out chapter 41 that one should be posted a lot quicker. I hope you enjoy it! (one the side note, I do apologize this is just about Kirio and Ru, wanted to get in more for this one but idk)

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 40;

The Netherworld- the realm where all demons live. And the Monarch who rules is- The Demon King! However, the Demon King's throne has sat empty for ages. Only the most worthy will inherit this seat of sovereignty. But who will it be?

A young girl who goes by Rumi whose physical age is 14; with the rank Gimel. One day she found herself the granddaughter of a demon named Sullivan. Sullivan loves and spoils Irumi and is even sending her to the most prestigious school in the land. But there are a few problems. 1. The school she is attending just so happens to be the demon school known as Babyls. 2. She is still very much human in her capabilities, knowledge, and mindset. 3. Should they find out the part of her being human- they'd take advantage of her. And 4. Her connection to her mother will be a cause to many new obstacles that very well may put her life in danger! Will this pitiful girl who was finally found by her Grandpa make a better life for herself and actually manage to thrive in the Netherworld? One way to find out!

____________________________________________________________________________

"Haa, I messed up!" the upperclassman coughed out, a trail of blood dripping down his chin as the dust and debris settled. The third-year looked over upon hearing Irumi's question, his large round glasses glinting from the reflecting of the light pouring into the messy room. "Ah? Oh my, it's you again..." he mused out, coughing again.

Irumi blinked at him, momentarily looking away from his eyes to the room as it cleared out. She spotted the nameplate at the door, reading over the single name it held before looking down, peering back at who she assumed was this 'Ami Kirio'.

The third-year began to sway dangerously, collapsing backward while coughing up even more blood.

Rumi stiffened, pushing that unsettling apprehensive feeling as far away as she currently could while rushing forward to his side, quickly combing the immediate area to ease him against something soft. "Sh-should I take you to the nurse's office?"

"Ah- no, no; it's fine I can endure it," he tried to reassure. However, still accepted the random pillow she found to lay on.

Irumi watched him lay down, slowly sinking onto her knees as she took note of how ghostly his complexion looked with his sickly white coloring while lightly fanning him with a random paper fan she had found, hoping the breeze could aid him in some way.

"Haa...my experiment led to another failure." Kirio vaguely explained the cause of the explosion, eyes closed as his teal hair swayed in the breeze of her nervous fanning. "Ah...I- I see..." Irumi commented, looking away from him to look at the room once again while continuing her movements, simply finding it difficult to maintain eye contact for whatever reason.

Just why was she feeling so bizarre?

'So this is the Magical Apparatus Research Battler...' She tried to distract herself, twitching the slightest at the stockpile of actual garbage and miscellaneous items- some that look like missing parts while others looked like figurines or old relics and tools of all sorts.

'This...' Rumi frowned slightly, noting the mess, a part of her, which worked so long cleaning messes found it...nerve-wracking being surrounded by so much clutter.