4

Liliana

It was officially the end of the day and I was going to meet up with Bella to let her know I was going to be riding with the others.

She was across the lot reading a book typical Bella as me and my friends walked down the stairs they went to the car while I made my way to Bella

"Peek-a-boo!" I popped my head in front of her with a smile that she returned. "Hey Lils you know you're the talk of the school now" I grimaced and shuddered.

"I know but I guess that's what you get for having popular friends" I giggled "right so I wanted to tell you Edward came back today and we spoke a little he apologized for not introducing himself but when I mentioned his eyes changing color he got mad and walked off" I tilted my head

I know the Cullens aren't just normal students but I don't really care. I have no idea what they are but I have an idea. If I'm correct then we're fine, their eye color is a dead give away to people who know about it.

"Bella don't think so much about it I'm sure it's nothing" I waved her off I didn't want her to get involved in something so serious.

I loved my sister but she has a habit at sticking her nose where it doesn't belong.

"Yea...I guess you're right" I internally sighed thankful she let it go for now but I knew this was only the beginning of her curiosity.

"Oh right I'll be leaving with the others we're going to Seattle tonight so we'll be back Sunday I'm going home to get my things" she nodded as I stretched myself out a little.

Before I could speak again I heard the squeaking of what seemed to be tires I turned and saw Tyler's van coming straight toward us.

It was clear he was having trouble controlling it with the ice being in the lot and I had no time to get away so I pushed Bella away making her stumble and fall to the ground I closed my eyes knowing there was nothing else I could do.

I waited to feel the pain but felt nothing except for my head being hit slightly. I opened my eyes seeing Edward with one hand around my sisters waist and his hand imprinted into the side of the van while Rosalie had her arm wrapped around my waist making me blink multiple times before thanking her and stumbling over to Bella.

"Bella are you okay?" I asked as my eyes got a bit hazy I heard my friends calling me but before anything I felt darkness cover my vision which evidently meant I'd passed out more than likely from shock.

Time Skip

"Girls?" I heard as I sat on a bed in the hospital with my feet dangling over the edge of the end with Bella sat next to me.

"Over here dad" Bella said as he walked our way but not before telling Tyler they'd both talk. He started fussing over us even after we both told him we were fine aside from me having a slight headache.

"I heard the chiefs daughters were here" a voice chimed in as I looked up seeing a man who looked like the Cullen kids.

I looked at his name tag seeing his name so I'm guessing this is their father Dr.Cullen. He began to do the whole checkup routine "so is there any pain or anything?" He asked.

"I passed out from shock but I do have a mild headache from the rush of standing up to fast when I went over to Bella" he nodded as a nurse handed me a cup of water and ibuprofen I nodded my head in thanks before she left.

Bella began to bring up how Edward and Rosalie saved the both of us making me widen my eyes a fraction before looking off to the side. I don't know for sure what they are but whatever they are it isn't our concern.

"Yea they were nowhere near us and they got to us so fast Edward even stopped the van with his hand right you saw didn't you Lils?" the three of them looked to me as I looked around nervously before clearing my throat.

"They were standing next to us the whole time I saw them waiting for their siblings to drive over to get them..." I felt bad for lying and the lie wasn't exactly well thought of but I had to make up something.

"Right anyways dad the others are here to pick me up so we can get my stuff and head to Seattle I'll be back Sunday if that's still okay with you?" He nodded and told me to be careful as I hugged him and Bella and left.

"You didn't say anything?" I looked over at Dr.Cullen who looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed as we stood in the middle of the hall Edward and Rosalie joining us.

"You're right. I didn't say anything." I said with a small barely noticeable smile. "Why?" I looked at Rosalie who had a look of curiosity in her eyes while I shrugged my shoulders.

"What you are is not my business, if you are what I think you are then that means that you are of no harm to me, my friends, or my family because your eyes are gold. Plus you saved me and my sister the only thing I should be saying is thank you. Although I must warn you my sister is not like me." I pointed at my sister who was behind them I made sure she didn't see me

"Can I talk to you for a second?" She asked Edward as Carlisle motioned for me and Rosalie to follow him to his office.

"What do you mean your sister isn't like you?" he asked as I sighed. "Although I'm very knowledgeable and observant I know when not to stick my nose where it doesn't belong if she wasn't suspicious before she is now after seeing Edward stopped the van with his hand Bella isn't stupid and she will find out whatever it is you're hiding while I've gotten used to Jasper and Alice finding me and talking to me I did find it odd how you looked but I didn't really care much." I explained to them.

"So what do you think we are?" Rosalie asked curious as I crossed my arms and sat back in my chair.

"Well based off old legends I was told about shape shifters are wolves which means our childhood friend Jacob and the others on the rez are shifters as well but I'm guessing a lot of them aren't aware yet. If that's the case then you guys would be the cold ones or in other words vampires you and the shifters have a treaty currently which stops you from crossing their land and them from crossing yours your eyes are blood red when you feed off humans or have human blood, Golden when you feed on animals or have animal blood, and black when your hungry or something else." They looked at me shocked by my explanation

"And before you say anything if this is in fact true I will not say anything because it is in fact not my place to tell and I know I should not know this because now that I do if the volturi found out I'd be dead clearly I don't want that so my lips are zipped and they would be either way anyways eventually because of your brother my sister will find out I will not confirm any of her thoughts I will try to keep her away from the truth but your brother will be the reason your secret gets out soon anyways I have to get going it was nice meeting you Dr.Cullen and I'll see you at school Monday Rosalie" I smiled before stretching and walking out of the room yawning

I went outside and saw my friends waiting in the car making me perk up and rush over to them and hop in.

"So how are ya feeling?" I groaned "my head is in Spain without the S" they laughed as we drove to my house to get my things. I know that no matter what I'll always have them with me.