The Cutting Edge: Eddie Munson

Request: EddiexReader where they somehow meet before season 4 (maybe they're in the same grade or she's a sibling of someone he knows). Hawkins magically has an ice skating rink and she's a really good skater that wows him. Idk, maybe he sees her there for the first time and keeps going back? Thanks!!

Eddie had agreed to pick up the kids that afternoon from the ice ring since they found a new place to hang out during spring break. He pulled into the parking lot and waited to pile them out and one by one they all climbed into the van he was about to leave when Lucas stopped him saying he left his jacket so Eddie offered to go grab it for him. What he didn't expect when he walked in there was to see you freely skating about as a mixture of songs played over the intercom. You were in the same grade as him and he always found you so sweet and so pretty but could never work up the courage to actually talk to you but now he was impressed watching you glide around the ice like it was nothing and made a note to come back later.

"What took you so long?" Lucas asked. 

"Your welcome by the way, and the owner asked me about something." Eddie lied as he handed Lucas his jacket before pulling out of the ring. 

The next day Eddie found himself back to the ring hoping to catch you but sadly you were there and as Eddie was about to leave, the owner actually stopped him this time. 

"She skates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday after school." The owner said as Eddie thanked him before leaving now finding himself a new place to hang out on those days. 

Friday came around and Eddie found himself back at the ring watching you from the side to where you couldn't see him because he didn't want to scare you off or interrupt you because he did enjoy watching you.

 "Her grandparents used to own this place and she would come here alot with them growing up." The owner said to Eddie.

"Wow, I didn't even know about this place until about a week ago." Eddie said watching you spin in the air and land perfectly on your feet. 

"Yeah, not many people do which is why she likes it here. Try talking to her before you leave today, I promise you won't regret it." The owner said leaving Eddie with his thought. 

Eddie watched you for the next hour mesmerized by your skills until he saw you skating over to where he was standing making him nervous. 

"So how many more times are you gonna come in here and watched me before you actually speak to me?" You asked him shocking him.

"Yeah, I've known since the first time you came and got Lucas's jacket. Do I seem that scary?" You asked with him a laugh. 

"No, it's just that I didn't want to bother you because you seemed so focused. I'm Eddie by the way." He said offering you his hand.

"I know who are, the kids talk about you all the time. But I'm Y/n." You said shaking his hand. 

For the rest of the afternoon, you two sat there and got to know each other and you made Eddie promise that he would put on a pair of skates and get on the ice next time you two hung out which agreed to as long as you came to one of his shows.