Basket 26

Third POV

With the Winter Cup Prelims only a day away, Riko had called both Hyuga and (Y/N) to her house in order to go over different game plans for their first opponent. Luckily, it wasn't too much of a concern, and the trio was able to come up with one good one as well as a few back up plans in case their opponent, Josei High, got any bold ideas that would work against Seirin.

Seeing that it was getting late, Hyuga decided that it was time to call it quits for night in order to go home and get some rest. But before the captain accompanied the triple threat to her house, which wasn't too far away, Hyuga called both girls outside in order to have a word with them.

"So, what'd you want to talk about? Is this about the prelims? You lost your nerve yet?" Riko asked as she closed the door behind her, approaching the two taller teens.

"No, why would you even ask me that? Anyway," Hyuga started.

However, he stopped mid sentence when he looked back at the two girls as a light breeze blew past them, making both of the girls' hair flow in the wind. Riko's had grown quite a bit, since her usual style was very short. Now, her brunette locks covered her ears and almost touched her shoulders.

Even (Y/N)'s already super long hair had grown too. Being as that Hyuga was the son of a barber, he could tell. The triple threat's hair had reached her lower back before, but now it was beginning to grow well beyond her bum.

"Your guys's hair's gotten longer," the captain pointed out as the two cousins looked to each other for a second.

"Yeah, it's like, a prayer. Until we get into the national tournament, I won't be cutting it. So don't go letting it get too long. It's seriously annoying. I have no idea how she does it," Riko declared before pointing over to (Y/N) with her thumb while placing her hands on her hips.

The triple threat only responded with a laugh as she ran her hands through her hair that she had thrown over her shoulder.

"Yeah, I hear you. If anything, I'm far too calm about this. I've done all that I can. The only thing left now, is to win," the captain declared with a smile before looking up to the sky and then back down to the two girls.

Both girls responded with smiles of their own and nods. Hyuga had really evolved as a captain, able to lead the team past the Inter-High, defeating two of the three kings that completely obliterated Seirin the year before. Not only that, but one could tell that despite his clutch time personality switch, the glasses wearing boy had kind of mellowed out a little bit.

"Let's do it."

"Yeah. Come on, Kiddo, I'll take you home," Hyuga then turned towards the triple threat.

"Okay!" She responded in her normal cheerful tone.

These last few months, the (h/c) haired girl had come a long way with her healing. All of her wounds were now healed up, even the ones on her face, but they had left their marks as well. There was a scar over her eye, not a big one, but it was a little noticeable being as that it was still rather fresh. The second one was actually on her top lip, one faint line where Okami's dog had taken a swipe at her. You couldn't really see it unless you got real close though.

If she was being honest with herself, looking at those took a little getting used to whenever she looked in the mirror, but (Y/N) just remembered Kiyoshi's words about how they made her stronger, and she was able to look at them and smile.

And what put the icing on the cake, her doctor told her that she no longer needed to use her crutches. But the only thing was that the girl still needed to wear her leg brace for another couple of days, which she grumbled at. But it would be fine.