FIFTY

I pushed around the food on my plate while staring off into a distance.

"Didn't like the food?" Kaleb questioned.

"I'm sorry, I just don't have an appetite."

"You didn't have one last night. Have you eaten, Athena?" He questioned. I shrugged. "Look, I know you don't want to talk about him, but you can't torture yourself by not eating."

I sighed while placing down the fork. "Did you talk to him?"

"He called me."

"What did he say? Did he mention me?" I questioned.

"He just asked for the menu this week."

"So that means he's coming home right?"

"Athena." Kaleb crossed his arms.

"Just tell me." I sighed. "Please."

"He didn't say." Kaleb said. "But you need to eat."

I shook my head. "I need to get to work. I have paperwork to fill out and meetings. If he comes, please let me know."

I heard my phone buzz and quickly looked at the screen.

Anteros
Good morning!

I sighed before placing it back down.

"Bye Kaleb."

I checked my phone. Over and over again. No text from him. I sighed while putting my phone in the drawer and picking up my pen.

"Are you done with those reports?" Valeria walked in.

"I'm not. I'm sorry." I sighed while sitting up straight. "Give me twenty more minutes please."

"What's wrong?" Valeria questioned.

"A lot but honestly, I don't want to get into it."

"Okay, baby. Let me know if you need to talk, okay? I'll be in my office."

I nodded. Valeria walked out and I began clicking my pen. I wanted to finish these reports but my mind was consumed by guilt.

Why did I say those things? I was embarrassed. I couldn't get anything done. Sleeping without Tobias for the time in a while was weird.

I couldn't sleep. I stayed in his bed holding close a shirt that smelled like him. I'd always fall asleep easy with him.

My phone buzzed and I quickly looked at it.

BiaRose
Don't forget lunch with Kaelyn today!

I finished up the reports before walking to Valeria's office.

"Hey, I finished the reports. I'm going on lunch, want me to bring anything back?" I questioned. She shook her head.

"Eros and I are grabbing lunch at the cafe down the street."

I smiled. "Tell me how it goes."

She nodded.

~

"Don't be nervous," I said while stirring my straw in the water.

"I'm trying. I just have so many questions and I'm nervous about how she'll respond. I mean, I don't know her, but she's my biological mom and-"

"Sorry, I'm late darlings." She sat down at the table.

"Nothing new." I shrugged.

"It's nice to see you in high spirits since the dinner. Bia Rose, aren't you the exact copy of your sister." She slid off her shades. "I'm glad you girls have been getting along."