chapter four

Chapter four

I put my phone away as we pull up to the restaurant. "Do burgers sound good?" Charlie asks, unbuckling his seat belt. "Oh, yes!" Blaire says excitedly. The rest of us nod and follow Charlie into the building.

The air conditioning is blasting and there's kind of a green-and-white theme going on. It's very pretty. "We're gonna go find a table outside," Harlow announces. The boys nod, stepping up in line.

Blair and I follow Harlow to the patio. There are a few pillars holding up a concrete ceiling with half walls surrounded by trees. There's a random ass table with a lamp by the door and a few tables scattered around.

"Let's take photos!" Blair exclaims. "Sure," I giggle at her enthusiasm. "Alright, alright." Harlow smiles, taking out her phone.

We take some pictures and then pick a table in the back. "Send me those, please!" I smile. "Of course!" Harlow says, sitting next to me.

"So, are you and Charlie going out?" Blaire asks, pulling out a chair across from us. "Uh, no...we're just friends. Well, kinda. He hasn't really ever talked to me until today...We live like next door to each other but we don't really hang out." I shrug. Harlow and Blair's exchange looks while I stare at them. "What?" I laugh. "Nothin," Blair smirks. I furrow my brows, resting my elbows on the table. Harlow chuckles, "You're cute."

The boys set our food on the table and we immediately start eating.

TIME SKIP,

Everyone's pretty much finished with their meal. Now they're just talking about random stuff. Mostly shit like, 'Oh, remember when...' or 'Remember that time...' and I literally have no idea what to say. I pull my phone back out of my pocket and text Addy.

iMessage

Addyson

ADDYSONNNNNN
ANSWERRRRR
pleaseee 🙏

I sigh, waiting for her to respond. This is going to take forever. "Nah, bruh...My mom got a new job so we're like moving soon," Harlow rolls her eyes. "Damn, where?" Josh asks. "Like 30 minutes away. Not too far," She shrugs.

iMessage

Walker

walkerrr

raelynnn

omg
u answered 🫢

omg
whats up

nothinn
hru

fine 💀
we talked like an hour ago
i thought u were with that guy?

i am
we're getting food
but like they arents talking to me 😭

wym they arent talking to u lmfao

they're talking abt random stuff

like what

they're talking abt a trip they took last year idk

ah
thats annoying

ikk
come save me bruh

js say u have to go