Arc 2, Chapter 5: Lucency, New World. (UPDATED)

Reed POV:

Qrow looks nothing less then shocked. We never met when I lived in Patch so there's a chance Mom and Dad never mentioned me and kept me hidden from him.

Qrow: "W-What...? So you're...son of Summer Rose...twin of Ruby...the quiet one? The shady kid? The kid who seems to be a bit too strong...my own nephew? How come I never heard of you?"

He gently puts a hand on my shoulder. I don't mind this physical contact since I couldn't ever blame him with him being kept in the dark. Still is a bit odd but it's nothing traumatizing.

Reed: "It's a long story Qrow. I'd rather not bore you with the details. When you see Yang and Ruby again, ask them. I've...spoken to them a couple times since I was there."

Even if Qrow never knew my identity due to me hiding it, he still would join me at Juniors even if I didn't drink. He'd talk about his job as a huntsmen all the time, his family, all of that. Even without knowing who I was, he was still being a good uncle.

Qrow: "I'm sorry I never heard, kid...I'll give Summer and Tai a piece of my mind when I visit again..." he looks away sad and takes a swig of his flask.

Reed: "There wasn't a thing you could do. I didn't exist in your life. Even if we interacted without you knowing who I was, you're the family member who's done the least damage to me."

Qrow: "If I'm the closest family you got kid then that's bad."

We both share a laugh at that and fall silent, just staring out into the sea. Menagerie is barely out in the distance yet I can feel the temperature warming up slightly.

...

...

...

Qrow: "So my nephew took out Adam and the White Fang. You're really strong kid. I wouldn't want to be on the enemy side in a fight with you."

Reed: "That will never happen. Even someone like Yang who I'm...still trying to figure out my feelings with wouldn't be an enemy."

He hums and rests against the wall on the other side of the balcony with his arms crossed.

Qrow: "What's your semblance anyways? You never got to explain it."

I can't tell him I have Wail AND an unnamed one.

Reed: "Wail. Long story short, different emotions give me different boosts of power. A more expanded version of Yang's, but I don't think hers is actually tied to anger, she just activates it subconsciously when angered."

Qrow: "Well, ain't that something. Why you going back to Menagerie?"

Reed: "I need to put some distance between me and a lot of people. I think I'm a danger to most people who I became close to. I also owe an apology to the chieftain for sort of lying to him about things."

Qrow: "Hmmm. If you say so. I'll be heading back to Vale then. I can make it back there easily. I'll see ya later kid. It was nice finally meeting the REAL you."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Timeskip, Reed POV:

Once I get off the boat, I activate Wail and blitz past everyone, making my way to a giant open area of land near nobody. It's completely hidden from everyone at the docks and near Kuo Kuana so I should be safe.