Chapter 35- The ball

Ashlynn's Pov~

All the festivals in this house are celebrated joyously.

So was Christmas and New year.

Christmas a little too brightly, if you know what I mean. *inserts evil laugh*

Alexander and Lucian have been trying to apologize to me ever since the day. They said they were sorry and they hoped that I'd forgive them.

Well, keep hoping kids, we'll see where it gets you.

Actually I already know the answer well from experience.

Of course, nowhere.

Even though Charlotte was grounded for a while, they still told me to forgive her as she was a young and naive five year old who didn't know what she was doing.

Well if she was so naive, what were they?!

Illiterate? Brainless? Blind? Deaf? Birdbrained? Airheaded?

Pretty sure it's all of the above and more.

Most importantly, if she was a little five year old, what the hell was I? A hundred years old?!

So yeah, even the idea of forgiving her,

I think the fuck not.

Alexander and Lucian have been extra nice since then, which is extremely cringy in all honesty.

Alfie has been the same, since he already believed me.

Jeremy seems to be in his own little world these days. I mean I don't blame him, he was lied to by his sister for who he'd literally kill me if he had to.

Even though he's a jackass, he's still loyal.

That's kinda respectable I guess.

Nope, still not talking to them though.

He's barely home these days. But whenever he is or during dinner, he usually ignores everyone and stays silent.

Personally, I think he's copying my actions and trying to become like me.

Well, I'm awesome so I won't be surprised if he was.

Whenever Charlotte try's to talk to him, he either replies with single words or like I said, completely ignores her.

Well that's that.

For New Year however, an Yearly masquerade ball is thrown at midnight and usually lasts till 4 or 5 in the morning.

The invited Mafia's are the Europeans, the Greek, the Serbian and the American.

They take turns organizing the event annually and this year, it was the American's turn.

As the donna of the Italian mob, I've heard of this event but never really been involved with these Mafias.

These mobs are more on the smaller side and are not that big on crime, drugs or security either.

The Americans are the strongest one out of the group, so you know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, the event was taking place tonight in a luxury banquet hall of a resort owned by the Americans here in NYC.

The others were flying in and staying at the same resort.

It was sort of a traditional thing and had been happening long before I was even born.

Besides, the biologicals are the one throwing it this year so it's a big deal.

They have been preparing for this for the past month and making arrangements.