ᔕEᐯEᑎ

Current day

I don't know if apprehending Kaori is enough to find a lead to Bonten, especially since I almost attacked that girl. But her involvement with them isn't the only one we're targeting at. The fact she also commits multiple crimes is reasonable enough for her to be detained.

I'm glad these missions were now a success, compared to the last one. It still traumatized me until now.

Maybe I'm glad that I didn't do it.

Yet.

I don't know why but I'll never forget the random voice I heard nowhere even before I was to sleep completely. It happened a very long time ago, but my instincts told me that it is somewhat important that's why until now, I still remember it.

After I came back to the station, Yamada-san assigned Sai to another troop for some reason, making me the only one under him. However, I got a new squad now. It wasn't like the first one but for some reason, it kind of reminds me of them.

It's been a week since Kaori was already imprisoned and I'm currently still working on something on my computer when one of my colleagues knocked and enters my office.

"May I come in?" Aino said. I nod without looking up from my screen to know who it is. "Congratulations," he added.

"For what?" my face frowned, continuously typing onto the keyboard.

"Making this mission a success. What else?" he leaned his back to the wall and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're supposed to be the one who done this stupid flirting, drinking, and making out thing, but it instead was appointed at me," I grumbled.

"Well, sorry bout that. We can't risk the thing that she might have already seen my face, and no one wants to accept this role. So, in the end, you're the only option, plus you have an intimidating face."

"Tell them the next time they refuse this kind of role, they'll automatically receive punishments." I threatened. I despise uncooperative officers. This is real work, not a school project that you can rely on others' work.

"Ok, chill. You're such a hot-headed person, Jun," he replied.

"We've been planning this for almost two months now. I've already learned my lesson," I stopped typing and turned my gaze to him. "And... thanks to you, we were able to find her location,"

He just smirked proudly.

"How did you do it again?" I asked, I wasn't listening to what he was explaining when he mentioned that he did something that would help us to deal with our problem.

He left his position to come closer and seat on one of the chairs in front of my office table.

"I was in an expensive casino," he replied, and I intervened with him before he even continues his story. "You're gambling?"

"What? No." his face furrowed. "I was in undercover, and I saw her lingering in that casino. I was about to get closer to her but then I saw her talking to a group of men with an expensive tuxedo."

"Then after that, I was stunned when she, together with those men, enters a VIP room," he continued. "Of course, because she's on our wanted list, I waited for them to come out to the VIP room. But, she's the only one who got out of the room first. So, I approached her as she walked towards my direction and I purposely bumped her body so hard that I fell on top of her into the floor."

"Wait wait, you bumped her and-" Aino stopped me from commenting by continuing to speak.

"Don't interrupt me, we're getting to the exciting part."