Smile, Aera (3/3) || 17

"what happened jimin?" jaehyun frowns, entering the living room with eunmi who looks just as worried as him on hearing jimin's deep voice on the phone last night, not even caring what time it was, just said that they should be back by morning anyhow.

jungkook's eyes snap at the parents first, standing up with raging eyes, stopping however when haewon gives him a look, gesturing him to stay calm. "ah haewon-ah, how are you darling?" eunmi smiles at the daughter-in-law, going for a hug which haewon returns hesitantly, smiling at jaehyun too.

"where's our little champ?" jaehyun sits on the couch, putting the keys of his car away and frowns on not seeing jiwon anywhere, "is he still sleeping? and where's aera?"

"he's sleeping," haewon nods, taking the tray of water from the maid and gestures her to go from here as she gives the water to the parents herself before returning back to her place with jungkook at the back for she knew the younger needed more assistance and reassurance than jimin did.

"mom, dad," jimin starts, sitting across the father, "i know i've been away for quite a few years. but i still thought i was your son— the eldest one in fact. if i'm not needed here, i swear i won't show up. i have my wife, my son, jungkook is with me... just yeah, you both and aera are here and that keeps me still attached to this family y'know,"

"jimin, what are you saying honey?" eunmi frowns, "of course you're needed here sweetheart. you're the eldest son, the family, everything is yours. why are you talking like that?"

"because in all these years, even when i wasn't here, yesterday i felt like i wasn't home. like i don't know anything or anyone here in this house. why didn't you tell me?"

"tell you what?" jaehyun looks at jimin, then at haewon and jungkook, "where's aera? did she do something?"

"no, don't you dare talk about her like that," jungkook glares at them, "i heard you on the phone mom, yesterday. i was actually shocked how quick you changed talking to me and then to aera. is that how you treat your daughter? what do you think you're to her like this?"

eunmi sighs, standing up and shakes her head, smiling softly at jungkook as she approaches him, "i'm sorry jungkook, aera's just a moody teenager. you haven't heard her talking nonsense or else you'd the same—"

"you're so wrong if you think that," jungkook chuckles dryly, "i would never treat my sister like that. you're raising a daughter not an animal, mom."

"leave him mom," jimin sighs, "just tell me what's going on."

"it's nothing, jimin i told you alr—"

"aera had a panic attack last night, she wouldn't let us touch her, she wouldn't listen to us. i had to inject her to put her to sleep. that's not nothing. please don't do this, i don't wanna argue with you and dad," jimin says calmly and eunmi glances over to jaehyun who sighs, nodding his head.

"aera's been on therapy for a week," eunmi says, "she did three suicide attempts in the last two months. she'd lock herself up, refuse to come out or even eat at times. she used to say jaemin, your uncle, touches her inappropriately. but tell me how is that possible? he has a daughter himself and he's been with us since forever. all three of you grew up in front of his eyes. so we thought she needed some help and contacted this psychologist, kim namjoon, so that he would put some sense into her. she's so hard to deal with sometimes,"

jimin, jungkook and haewon stare at the parents with wide eyes, finding no sensible word in what eunmi just said. jungkook gasps in shock, standing up and grabs his hair, turning to his noona, "and she calls herself a mother..." he exasperates, making haewon gulp as she glances at eunmi too with an unhappy look.