°°𝟑°°

• New Company •August

New Company
August.29.2020

𝑴𝒚 𝑴𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝑰𝒔 𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝑴𝒚 𝑯𝒖𝒓𝒕 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔

Katan sat against the headboard on his old worn bed, he was zoned out — thinking about endless things. His mind never really stayed in one place. 

It had been officially two days since his official release and he never realized how hard it would be for him to transition into life outside of prison, outside of inhumane amounts of hostility. 

KT didn't talk to a lot of people or become quite acquainted during his stay, he had some people who he would converse with and some people who ultimately had his back in there but there was never anyone in that place that he could say with all certainty — that he trusted with his life. 

In a way he was grateful he didn't,he felt as if that would be a showing of his comfortability and he was anything but comfortable there. 

His body was accustomed to certain things, he had been reprogrammed when it came to sleeping, eating and so on — and those were things that had crossed over into his current life. He slept better in the last two days than he had in the last 2 or so years but it still wasn't entirely the same, he still jolted up at random times to check around the house before slipping back into bed, which left him restless.

He rubbed a hand down his face — Blinking his eyes rapidly to ease the fatigue.  

Lately, He felt a different weight alongside the typical ones. He felt the consequences of his actions and how it affected the people he loved, yet KT couldn't and wouldn't will himself to feel guilty for what he did.

To him, he would carry this weight to the day he died if he had to - he did what he had to do. 

• 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑮𝒂𝒛𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑨𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒆 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔 •