Vecna's Curse (Part 4)

ATTENTION PLEASE!! My next update for this book won't be until after Friday. Please, please, PLEASE! Refrain from giving out spoilers from volume 2 in the comments. Some people may have not of been able to watch it right away. They might of had school or, in my case, work, where they would not be able to watch it for some time. So give the spoilers a couple of days, then you can comment whatever you want. I'm so looking forward to volume 2 and I will see you guys again soon!!

"Eddie Munson," Jason slammed the Hellfire Club's photo on the table and pointed at Eddie. After disappearing into the woods for a couple of minutes, Jason came back and gathered everyone back into Benny's to explain everything. "He's a part of that freak devil cult, Hellfire. The cops, they say Chrissy went to him to buy drugs."

"Drugs?" Patrick questioned Jason. Patrick knew Chrissy, he knew Chrissy wouldn't do something like that. "No."

Lucas swallowed the lump in his throat, looking at the picture of his friend. Whatever was going to happen, he knew that he might be in danger just for being friends with him.

"That's what I said," Jason continued, not noticing the nervous look Lucas had. "Chrissy would never touch that shit. They wouldn't even show her parents her face. I don't know this freak did to Chrissy, but he did something sick."

"Probably sacrificed her, drained her blood for the devil," one of their teammates spoke up, getting Lucas to take a deep breath to try to control his nerves. "Satanists do that."

"That's what I'm saying. It's this cult."

"Hellfire isn't a cult," Lucas barely had enough time to realize he said something when all heads turned to him. He pushed down his nerves and put on a neutral face so they wouldn't start asking him questions. "It's...It's just a D&D club."

No one said anything, they just kept looking at him.

"D&D?" Lucas repeated, feeling his heart start to race. Silence. "Dungeons & Dragons? It's like a...a game. It's fantasy."

"And how exactly is it you know all of that, Sinclair?" One of his teammates asked.

"Uh," Lucas knew had to think quickly, he was putting himself in a corner with nowhere to go. "Well, it's my sister. Yeah, she's like...She's like, a total nerd. You know? Nerds? Like, she plays a lot sometimes-"

"I'm sure your sister isn't killing people, right?" Jason cut him off from his explanation. "But I've read the wrong person plays this game, it can warp their mind. They confuse fantasy and reality, and innocent people die."

Or maybe that fantasy is reality and heroes die, Lucas thought to himself, thinking about the fourth of July.

"It's been happening all over the country. It's an epidemic," Jason continued his speech.

"Yeah, I've read about that shit. It's real," Patrick agreed with him.

"And I think Eddie...He's the wrong type of person, right?" Jason started to pace the room as he continued his train of thought. "You know, he got lost. He thought Chrissy was just a part of his sick game. And chances are, he's still in the game. Meaning-"

"He's gonna kill again," Patrick finished his sentence.

"But not if we can help it," Jason turned to his team, with a plan forming in his head. "Would Chrissy want us to just stand by while the cops go around pursuing some bullshit leads, spreading rumors saying she's some druggy?"

"No!" Everyone but Lucas answered.

"No, she'd want us to go out there. To do something about it, wouldn't she?"

"Yeah!"

"Then let's hunt some freak!"

"Yeah!"

"For Chrissy!"

"Yeah!"

"Let's go!" Jason shouted getting everyone ready for a fight. He held up the photo of the Hellfire Club and held a lighter to the photo.

Lucas watched it go up in flames as everyone else was cheering it on. He couldn't but watch as the flames quickly moved to Eddie's face, making him disappear into ash.

***

The bus ride to the airport was the easiest part of this whole thing for Nikki. Arriving at the airport, knowing where to go while also keeping an out for anyone who might look like someone trying to hunt her down was way more difficult than she thought it would have been.

It got worse when she thought every person in a business suit was there to kill her. At one point, she thought she had seen Brenner sitting next to a woman on a bench but quickly realized that it wasn't him, they just looked alike far away.

Eventually, Nikki found the line where you could buy tickets and stood there for a while, moving only a few feet every few minutes. After what felt like forever, she finally got to go up to the desk where a lady with a gentle smile was waiting for her.

"Hi, I need to get to Indiana as soon as possible," Nikki said grabbing Brenner wallet out for her back pocket.

"Okay," the woman nodded and started to type on her computer. "Is there a parent or legal guardian flying with you?"

"Uh, no. It's just me," Nikki laughed awkwardly.

"Is your parent or guardian here with you?"

Nikki looked around her, seeing nobody standing close to her. "No, not at the moment."

"You need to have a parent or guardian here with you in order to get a ticket. That's protocol around here."

"Well, they are here," Nikki lied, trying to think of something that could work. "They're just not right here."

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Well, they need to be right here."

Nikki sighed and tried to think of something else. She needed that ticket, she wouldn't be able to stand a two-day drive.

"Look," Nikki turned back to the woman, getting an idea. "The truth is I am here with my mom and my dad, but they had a fight on the ride over and now they aren't speaking to each other and I'm scared to go and ask them to come and help me. I don't want them to start fighting again, it seems like the littlest thing will tip them off today."

"You see that man and woman over there," Nikki pointed to the man she had confused for Brenner and the woman sitting beside him. She took out Brenner's drivers' license and placed it in front of the woman. "They're my mom and dad. My dad said that if I show you the picture of him it should be good enough. My mom said it wouldn't. If I go over there, it will definitely start another fight. Please, can't you just let that be enough."

The woman sighed and looked down at the picture. "Fine," she said after a brief moment of silence. She gave her back the I.D. and started to type again. "Indiana?"

"Yeah," Nikki gave her a grateful smile as she put the card back. "Do you take cash?"

Authors note

Nikki can be one smart cookie when needs to be! Love her!

Remember no spoilers of Volume 2 for a couple days please! Thank you!!

Love ya!!❤️❤️❤️