22. Blow your head

He looked up into red burning eyes, Jungkook's fangs out his face so scary Jimin scooped back raising the light, the alpha hissed reaching his claws out but it seemed the glow had burned his hand as he fell back yelling

Up the hill, thought Jimin, his heart banging from fear, he was collecting his courage to suddenly sprint up.

The alpha howled running behind him, Jimin panting madly using the light to hold him on a distance, but there were shapes falling between trees, mutants.

The slippery moose so tricky to run on, but Jimin was jumping over tree roots, fishing his device out to bring the drone out of the cave, it opened the last two loads spreading the clouds of poison over the forest.

There were shapes in the sticky fog so he hid behind a tree trunk catching his breath, placing his hand on the belly once again silently apologizing to the baby, as it might never be born, if his life ends right here.

Two mutants ran along the tree he was hiding behind storming down the hill, so many steps sounding in the forest from all sides, Jimin counting before sprinting to the next tree unnoticed, working himself a bit up the hill slowly. The mutants seemed to have all ran down so he risked to cross a bigger distance, reaching another tree, falling against the bark to pant for air.
He shouldn't be far from the car now, his hope raising and he glanced behind the trunk, the way was clear.

A stone hand flipped him over slamming against the tree, his eyes raising open in fear as there was Jungkook, his eyes and face so changed, his claws closed on Jimin's throat like in some horror movie.

Their gazes locked and Jimin said his last prayer feeling those cold fingertips tracing over his mating mark.

"Hands off or I'll blow your head!" A rough voice sounded, Jungkook's grip on his throat tightened for a few seconds before letting go.

Jimin gasped for air, through a blurry vision catching the posture of Yoongi who was holding up a gun.

There were Jung kingdom soldiers running through the forest to chase the mutants when Yoongi gave Jungkook a sign to follow, the alpha moving from Jimin who was still frozen in horror. No, he couldn't have lost his mate in such a way. Tears stormed his eyes, but someone approached and he saw Hoseok who supported him under his arm leading up the hill out of this cursed place towards that huge military car.

There was a knock, very light so Jimin scooped more into the pillows. He has been showered, wearing pajamas, sitting on the bed while leafing through many books.

"Can I?" Yoongi opened the door a bit.

"Get lost or I'll blow your head," Jimin looked the alpha straight in the eyes.

"Jimin, I'm so sorry."

"We've stopped Taehyung from getting the fangs," Jimin closed his fists.

"I have locked him up, right now it's the only thing we can do. The poison of the undead in spreading in his body..."

"Stop," Jimin tossed the book through the room. "What is the antidote?"

"I've never heard."

"What is the damn antidote. Should I go back to those caves find one, cut into pieces and investigate," he yelled.

Yoongi looked away.

"I'm sorry. If you think it might help I can go and catch one..."

"Get lost!" Jimin tossed another book his way so the alpha apologized quickly escaping the room.

The door cracked closed when silence fell, Jimin so furious, he rather was angry than broken, his body in uproar of pain so he got up finding the slippers and tablet to storm through the house all the way down to the garage, where he unsealed the opening slipping inside, the foxes raising their heads.

"How have you been doing," Jimin's voice cracked, his steps rushed when he unlocked the side cupboard taking the bag with blood out to spill some into the bowls the baby vampires running to drink eagerly. They had been hungry the whole day maybe longer.

Jimin's tears coming when he sat on their blanket observing them, was he really all alone with the baby now? Will he lose the love of his life. The foxes coming to him to cuddle to his sides sniffing over his belly, one touching it with its soft paw.

"I know, it's smaller than you and definitely scared," Jimin used his sleeve to dry the tears his gaze falling on the backpack he had left here after coming back.

To brew an antidote you need to know the poison, the words of his mum came back so vividly, his gaze wandering towards the half empty bowls.

"Jungkook's blood," he whispered jumping up to run to the backpack and find a syringe. "Stay here," he ordered the foxes before taking the tablet.

He double checked if the doors are sealed then stormed the living room to find Yoongi and Hoseok in a deep conversation.

"Yoongi, I need backup," he muttered.

"For?"

"Take your gun and lead me to Jungkook."

"Jimin..."

"We don't have much time. I need to investigate what he was poisoned with, then I can brew the antidote."

"Jimin, in your state..."

"Do you want to lose Jungkook! Do you want this baby to be half orphaned!" Jimin yelled.
Yoongi avoided his gaze all embarrassed.

"Let's waste no time then," he muttered taking the gun out.

"I'll come as second backup," Hoseok got up from behind the table where he had been looking over some maps.

Jimin nodded following Yoongi towards the basement, his heart beating loudly as he was so afraid to meet Jungkook in that scary state. Only a few hours ago he has been almost killed by his mate.

Yoongi took the tablet from him opening those huge doors which had been left from the times when he had to keep Jungkook locked up as the beast had been too strong in him.

Now another monster had taken over the alpha. The doors opening slowly revealing Jungkook standing there with claws out and burning blood lust filled eyes.

 The doors opening slowly revealing Jungkook standing there with claws out and burning blood lust filled eyes

Thank you so much for your feedback and the amazing half a million reads on Super Alpha. I hope you're enjoying the sequel. This is the first of the double updates I'm posting to celebrate the success of the first book in this series, so you can go straight away to the next chapter.

What do you think about what has happened to Jungkook? Will Jimin be able to investigate the poison to look for an antidote?

Much <3