twenty-two

I woke up the next afternoon with the worst headache. I for sure drank way too much last night, but it was worth it to celebrate my brother.

When I open my eyes, I notice Colby was gone. It's strange to wake up before me, especially after a night of drinking.

I slowly but surely sat up and looked around. I had no idea who was awake.

I look at the time to see it was almost three pm. I heard laughter come from downstairs so I slowly made my way out of bed.

Every step I took, my head felt like it was pounding. "You and my sister seem to be getting closer." I heard Nolan say.

I instantly stopped when I noticed they were talking about me. I could hear Colby laugh a little.

"Yeah, dude. I hope it's okay." Was he asking permission from my brother?

I mean, it's not like he can go to my deadbeat dad. "Of course. I can tell she really likes you." I smiled a little.

Is it really that obvious? I stood still so I could continue to listen.

"You think so?" I could tell Colby had a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I've never seen her like this with a guy." Nolan told him. That's the thing about Nolan, he's an observer.

A wallflower. "What do you mean?" Colby asked a little confused. I could hear Nolan sigh while shifting.

"When our dad chose drugs over us, it hit her pretty hard." He started out. I wanted to stop him, but I wanted to listen more.

"She won't admit it to me knowing I'm her younger brother, but she put a wall up." My brother explained.

Colby was quiet while Nolan spoke. "For years, I've seen her push people away, especially guys." He was right.

"Any guy that showed interest in her, she would be rude in fear that they'll leave her just like our dad." He spoke.

"That's when you came in. No matter how rude or snarky she was, you still somehow stayed." He thought.

It was quiet for a moment. "It's because no matter how snarky she was, I knew there was more." I smiled at Colby's words.

He's not like other guys. Most guys, other than Luke and Zander, saw me as the rude girl.

Not Colby, he was always sweet to me. I think that's why I let him in.

"See man, that's why I like you. I think you're good for my sister." My brother spoke.

I figured I couldn't listen anymore so I walked into the living room, making sure they could hear me.

When I walked in, they instantly stopped talking. I looked at Colby to see he had a big smile on his face.

"How're you feeling baby?" He asked when I sit down next to him. I snuggled up next him, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"Better now." I hummed. I looked at Nolan to see he's looking at us grossly.

"Y'all make me wanna shit on myself." I couldn't help but laugh at my brother.

I could hear Colby laugh too and it's like music to my ears. "Why don't you get a girlfriend? You're a nice looking dude."

I rose my head up to look at Colby. "Is there something you haven't told me?" I ask jokingly.

"I'm also into brothers." He asked hinting at the conversation of us two talking about how he's into milfs.

I snorted with laughter but instantly stopped and held my head. Colby looked down at me with worry on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. My head was still throbbing. "My head. It's throbbing." I tell him.

"If you guys want, we can go get food. I think everyone else is going to be asleep for a while." That explains why it's just us three up.

That's when I get up. "Let's get IHop!" I suggest. Nolan looked at me strangely.

"Since when did you like breakfast?" He asked looking at me.

I smile a little and look up at the brunette beside me. "You wanna explain it to him?" And so he did.

He explained how we couldn't sleep and he forced me to go to IHop with him.

He ordered food for me and I ate it, which turned out good.

"In my twenty-two years, I have never seen Ashton eat anything other than waffles. I have to see this."

We got up, grabbing our things so we could leave. I made sure to have sunglasses on knowing the sun was going to be bright.

Colby drove, I sat in the passenger, and Nolan sat in the back. We all listened to music but knowing our hangovers were bad, it wasn't too loud.

When we pulled into IHop, we all walked inside together and sat down. I was going to get what Colby got for me last time.

We ordered our food and waited. As we waited, we all talked to each other about the party last night.

"Since my birthday's past, it's now our turn to celebrate Ashton's." Colby looks over at me surprised.

I haven't told him when my birthday was. "Your birthday's coming up?" He asked shocked.

"Not for another month, Nolan's just being an asshole." He shrugged towards us proudly.

"Well, I'm throwing you a party and you can't say no." He smiled down at me.

When we got our food, we all started eating. Nolan looked surprised to see I was eating breakfast food.

We all paid for our food and went back to the house. The food made my head feel a lot better.

When we get to the house, we all walk inside. Everyone was up now and talking in the kitchen.

"Where were you three at?" Peyton asked looking at us. "We went to IHop. We were starving." I inform them.

Kat looked at us with her mouth dropped. "And you didn't get me anything? Asshole!" She joked.

Her and Colby started fake arguing with each other. It was honestly fun hanging out with everyone.

Even though Nolan was hungover, he seemed to enjoy himself. Around eight that night, he got up from the couch.

"I'd love to hang out longer but I have to get up early for work." He sadly announced to everyone.

"I'm just happy you could come dude. We need to hang out again soon." Sam tells him.

He nodded his head in agreement. "Oh for sure, we should have a boys night." All of them agreed to it.

That made us girls plan that whenever they have a boys night, we're gonna have a girls night.

It makes me happy seeing my brother get along with everyone. After my brother left, my group of friends left.

It was just the core four and myself. We decided to go into the movie room so we can watch movies.

When I first met these people, I never thought they would mean this much to me.

I thought Colby was a douche, only flirting cause he was drunk. During these past few months, I learned Colby is the biggest sweetheart.

They honestly all are. When I learned they were famous on youtube, I figured they'd be stuck up.

But they're the most genuine group of people I've ever met. There's never a dull moment with any of them.

And I'm so happy that they're in my life. Especially Colby. I've grown attached to the boy.

And I don't want to lose him.