Forty

The view of New York from in the sky was unlike anything Auden had ever seen. In the few short weeks she'd followed Jimin on tour she'd managed to experience things she never would've had the chance to experience had she stayed in LA. 

She gazed out at the city below as John took them on the helicopter tour, and they passed the Statue of Liberty and many other New York landmarks. After a tour of New York, they began flying towards Canada. 

Auden didn't even know it was possible to take a helicopter tour to the border and see Niagara falls. When they neared the falls Auden couldn't help but get super close to the window, almost squishing her face against it to see the wonder below her. 

"Beautiful isn't it?" Jimin said through her headphones. 

Beautiful was an understatement. She'd never seen anything like it. The water gushed from the two Great Lakes that when joined together, created a thundering masterpiece of crystal blue water. It was so intense, the falls bubbling at the base, and as they got closer they could even hear its magnificence. The rushing water boomed from outside, a humming overtaking the helicopter as they passed over the waters. 

"It's incredible," Auden said, gaping at the gorgeous falls as John guided the helicopter to several different parts so they could see different angles. 

They admired the falls for quite some time and then John flew the helicopter towards some of the houses that rested just on the edge of the water. 

Auden was unsure what was happening until they began to descend. She looked over at Jimin but he was biting his lip, trying it hide his expression. 

"What's happening?" Auden asked as the helicopter dropped lower. Jimin didn't get to respond because the helicopter landed on a large concrete base near a big house on the mountains edge. The loud whirring of the helicopter blades was all that could be heard for several minutes until the engine shut off and then John was getting out and helping them from their seats. 

Auden felt like she was in a dream as she stepped off the helicopter and looked at the white vacation home they'd landed next to. 

"What are we doing here?" She could still hear the falls, as they were right on the edge of the calmer waters and she could see the gushing landmark in the distance where they'd just flown from. 

"We're staying the night here," Jimin said, bowing to John. "Thank you again for taking us." 

"I'll be here in the morning to pick you up," John said. "Happy birthday to you Auden," 

"Thank you," Auden said in a sort of daze as Jimin guided her towards the vacation home and John got back into the pilot seat. The rapid winds from the helicopter taking off again made Auden's hair whip around her face as Jimin guided her to the front doors of the beautiful white vacation home. 

It had big windows that looked over the edge of the water, and the style of the house had a very expensive, modern vibe to it. It reminded her of the apartment she'd stayed in while in LA with Jimin. 

The helicopter flew away over their heads just as Jimin typed the passcode into the keypad. It made a little chime sound when the passcode was entered and then the front door opened and they were walking inside. 

He flipped on the lights and inside was a lavish living room with plush couches and a flat screen TV. A giant kitchen with the most amazing appliances was on one side of the front room, and then there were floor to ceiling windows on the other, giving view to everything outside. The hum of the falls faded into the background, a calming soundtrack to the moment they were in.