Chapter 20

Megan Taylor

Two weeks, two whole weeks since I've heard from Matt. I have tried to contact him numerous times with no luck. Him and his brothers were meant to be coming home next week but Nick informed me they were staying for another two weeks.

The last two weeks I've spent my time in bed. Luke continuously tries to get me out of my room but I physically can not find the strength to get up.

Matt and I's argument keeps replaying in my head, although it was over text I cannot help but think of how mad he was. I keep overthinking what I could've or should've said that would have made his reaction less severe.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knocking sound coming from my door.

"Will you fuck off for the last time" I groaned out hugging my pillow, assuming it was my brother.

"That's not a nice way to talk to your friends" Tiffany said as she walked in, Tom and Amelia followed close behind.

I internally sighed as I caught sight of Tom, mentally blaming him for my relationship problems. Knowing it was not his fault I sucked it up and greeted them.

"Could've told me you were coming over" I said to them " I would've cleaned up a bit" I motioned to my messy room from where I was sat in my unmade bed.

"You still look pretty" Tom mumbles as he sits down at my desk.

I stare at him in shock, my eyes not daring to blink. Who gave him the audacity after everything that's been going on the past two weeks?

"Bro chill she has a boyfriend" Amelia hits his shoulder.

"I don't see him" He smirks at me as I feel the anger boiling up inside of me.

"Shut up Tom" Tiffany said, her voice laced with anger. "So Meg" I look at her "Anything new with Matt"

"Haven't heard from him since" I answered.

Feeling overwhelmed I excuse myself to the bathroom to compose myself. Tom was getting on my last nerves. I was just feeling so shit over the Matt situation, that started over Tom and then Tom had to come over and start something else. Instead of composing myself, I got angrier. I decided to pull Tom out and sort this out with him.

I tried to make myself look calmer as I approached my bedroom door but I don't think I succeeded.

"Tom come out the back with me for a minute we need to talk" I said demandingly as Tiffany and Amelia sat in shock.

Tom didn't smirk or pull any remarks which made me feel slightly triumphant as I walked towards the door to the back of the house, Tom following closely behind. It's raining quite heavily so we stay under the patio roof.

"Right Tom what is your fucking problem?" I asked him immediately as we got outside.

"I don't know what you're talking about" He answered leaning back with his arms folding, a small smirk forming on his lips.

"Let me break it down for you will I?" I was getting angrier by the second "First off you lie to me, tricking me to hang out with you"

"I didn't lie"

"Don't interrupt me" I cut him off "Your selfish actions has put my relationship into an unstable place and to add the way you were saying stuff to me today knowing how I've felt about Matt the past two weeks. Childish, selfish behaviour it's embarrassing on your behalf" I finish up, breathing heavily.

Tom stares at me in disbelief, right as he's about to open his mouth the back door opens. My heart stops as I realise who just opened the door.

Matt.