Chapter 24

Mission Impossible

Mission Impossible

2 WEEKS AFTER 

THERE WAS ONLY A BIT of progress with our investigation. We had set men in different towns, we had recently gotten a leak of where Noah was hiding but by the time we had gotten there the fucker had left. Which meant he knew that he was ratted out and we were onto him. 

"Ma'am!" Guerino one of the guards at the entrance of the mansion called out. 

"We found him" He smiled widely at me and it felt like trumpets were playing from the sky. 

"Where?" I asked as I walked to the cells. 

"Near West Virginia, ma'am" He responded as I nodded. 

"Get Don Roman, please" He nodded and left me in front of Noah. He looked beaten up with a bruised cheekbone and bloody lip. 

Noah looked up and smiled, "Looks who's big and mighty now" 

"Why?" I asked and it was the only words I was going to speak to him. 

"I was promised riches, money. A future. That's why. What a fool I was" I looked at him blankly until he smiled widely. 

"Well, at least you won't have to kill me" A sense of fear entered my body. For the first time, I was worried. 

"Whys that?" My breath picked up as he closed his eyes. A beeping sound came from under his shirt. I picked up my phone from my back pocket and backed out of his cell to sprint down the hall of the cells.

It was a trap, he was strapped with bombs.  

"Don't bring him down!-" A big blow impacted my back and threw me against the ground as the ground felt like it was going to collapse. Debris flew around as my vision went black. 

──────✧❅✦❅✧──────

ROMAN VAUGHN

I FELT THE FLOOR under me shake as I made my way down to the cells where Snowflake had summoned me. 

"Fuck!" Guerino cursed as he looked down towards the hall of cells. His eyes were wide and his jaw clenched as he looked on. 

"What the fuck happened?!" He looked at me terrified. 

"TELL ME!" I demanded.  

"He was rigged and I sent the boss down there" He covered his mouth and staggered backward. 

"What do you mean you sent her down there?! Is she in there!?" I yelled and without a second thought went inside the cave of rubble. 

"Snow!" I shouted hoping by some miracle she was still alive. I don't know what I would do if she wasn't. No response.