you don't know how to love me when you're sober (requested)

Before you start reading: trigger warning ahead for the mention of drinking.

This chapter doesn't contain anything bad but I know that drinking the way that is mentioned in this chapter and only showing affection when drunk can be a sensitive topic for some, so here's your trigger warning if you need it.

Please don't read this if you're uncomfortable with the description above. Also, please be kind in these comments, as it's personally a bit of a touchy subject for me and I worked extremely hard on this chapter.

I love you all and hope you enjoy this chapter if you're comfortable reading it. 🖤💞

Also, this is over 2K words long, which is the longest thing I've written in a while!

-------------------------------------------------

"There's my beautiful girl!" You grinned as Rosie entered the house where your friends were hosting a party tonight. "I didn't know you were coming."

Rosie wasn't surprised to see you smiling and to hear you calling her such sweet names.

With a glass of alcohol in your hands, one that your friends said was just one of several in the last couple of hours, you, of course, are going to be so loving to her tonight.

She felt a tug at her heart and as much as she wanted to smile so brightly and so genuinely, she just faked a smile because she wished that you'd be this way to her every day.

"Rosie, baby? Everything alright?" You slurred.

She snapped out of her thoughts before walking across the room to you.

"Your friends called and told me that you were getting pretty drunk so they thought it would be a good idea for me to come and pick you up."

"Oh, well, I was planning to stay later than this but if it means getting to spend time with my girl, then I'm happy to go home with you."

That caused butterflies to appear in her chest.

"Okay. Come on, my love. Maybe we can go home and cuddle." She suggested and you quickly nodded your head.

Another one of your friends took the glass from your hands while Rose grabbed your bag and then put her arms around you to help you out of the house and to the car.

"How much have you had to drink tonight?" She asked as she helped you into the car and then got into the driver's seat.

"I don't know. I lost count." You said. "Oh, my head hurts."

"Here comes the start of your hangover." She sighed.

"You'll be there to take care of me though, right?" You asked as she started the car, gazing at her with a look of concern, almost.

"Yeah. I always am, aren't I?"

Always.

Although, sometimes, she feels as though she shouldn't be.

These are the times when she feels the love you have for her. When you drink.

It's a sad situation and sometimes, she wonders how it got to be this way.

Things had been so great at the start of your relationship.

That's not to say things aren't great now but it just feels different.

As time went by and your relationship progressed, the love you once showed her started to feel... faded.

Now, she feels as though you only love her when you're drunk. Not sober.