chapter twenty-six

"Please," Haven begged Devon and Genesis for the third time while they continued staring at her and ignoring her. "I won't go anywhere else, but I must go, please."

"Bro, stop asking. You are not going to the damn game." Devon said while Genesis didn't say anything.

Falling on her stomach, she obtained a bit of blunt force trauma, leaving a tear in the amniotic sac. Since there was no way of repairing it, she was placed on a light bed watch at only ten weeks, making her a very high-risk pregnancy.

"Your selfish ass didn't even apologize to my wife, and you want me to care cause your boyfriend might win or lose his last football game? Haven, get the fuck out my face."

Once Devon and Genesis got home after hearing the news, they took Indigo's and Haven's electronics. They had to come home at 8 PM on the dot; if they had company, they had to leave at 8, start doing more chores around the house, and do all of Genesis's errands since she couldn't.

"I apologize. I was upset; I didn't think it would get that far. I know I'm to blame; I feel so bad I didn't want that to happen."

"That's nice, but you still aren't going," Devon said. 

He was tired of treating them as if everything they didn't do had consequences; it was time shit changed around here, and he was going to be more strict. It was time for a severe change.

Haven didn't say anything as she stomped away. 

She decided she was still going to go.

She understood Genesis was hurt, and she honestly felt so bad, but she felt not being able to see Ezra make history was something they could've let slide.

She locked her door to begin getting ready; the game was starting at seven, meaning she had approximately fifteen minutes to prepare, sneak out, and get there.

She walked to Flaire's room, seeing her gathering her things. 

"Can I use your phone? Please?"

"You sneaking out, ain't you?" Flaire furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah," Haven admitted.

"I don't know shit, so when you get caught, don't mention my name in shit." She handed Haven her phone as she looked in her full-body mirror. 

She made a new hoodie with a complication of pictures of Keygan and her; there were over forty pictures. On the back of the hoodie were different images of Tyke and Ezra; she had to show love to all her boys.

Brat walked into her room with the hoodie Flaire made of pictures of her and the boys; she begged her parents to stay a few days later to see this game.

"You ready? C'mon, I want to see them before they play."  Brat said, making her look at her.

"Yeah, let's take a picture real quick," Flaire said, posing in the mirror. 

Brat pulled out her phone, taking multiple pictures. 

"Are y'all leaving now?" Haven asked, handing her phone back to her. 

"Yeah."

"Okay, see you there." 

Flaire walked into Genesis and Devon's room and saw Alana sleep. She looked at them watching a movie; Devon paused the movie.

"Look at my sweet baby!" Brat spoke, jumping on the bed between them, making Devon move as she laid her head on Genesis. "How does my big sister feel?"

"I'm fine." Genesis kissed her forehead.