Chapter 165 - Lena Upset

About 5 minutes after leaving Brazil, Kara arrives back in National City. Kara could have made the trip in a much quicker fashion, but the reason she didn't is because she wanted time to think about how she is going to go about telling Lena everything. Kara knows her future wife, so she knows that no matter how she says things, Lena is going to be mad at her for keeping her meeting with Lillian a secret. Kara has just been trying to think of the best situation to tell Lena. However, Kara has ultimately realised that there is no 'best way' to tell Lena, she just has to do it soon, and not keep it from her fiancé for too much longer.

Kara lands back in her and Lena's penthouse, this time on their living room balcony. The reason Kara has done this, is because she knows that as Lena is likely going to be mad at her, and maybe even yell at her, she doesn't want to do it when Alura could hear them. So, this means that until she and Lena are alone, Kara has to keep the alien artifact box out of sight from Lena.

A few moments later, after taking a deep breath, Kara walks inside her penthouse, closing the living room balcony door behind her, and deactivating her Supergirl suit. After Kara does this, she works her way through the penthouse, eventually heading upstairs. Once Kara is upstairs, she decides that the best, and most secure, place to put the alien artifact for now is in Lena's lab, as Lena doesn't go in there in the mornings, and this way it will be safe away from where Alura could reach and find it. So, Kara then types in the code on Lena's lab door, before entering and placing the box that contains the alien artifact on one of the tables in the room. After Kara does this, she makes her way out of Lena's lab, and heads back towards her and Lena's bedroom.

As Kara walks down the hallway, she passes by Alura's bedroom, and as she does this, she pokes her head inside the 5-year-old's room, and checks on her, like she always does if she is out as Supergirl in the middle of the night. Thankfully, Alura is fast asleep, cuddled with one of her many stuffed toys. Seeing this sight puts Kara a bit more at ease, compared with the nerves she feels about telling Lena of her meeting with Lillian.

About a minute later, Kara quietly closes Alura's bedroom door, and continues her journey down the hallway, arriving in her and Lena's bedroom about 10 seconds later. Once Kara is inside the bedroom, she sees that Lena is fast asleep. However, upon seeing Lena again, Kara's nerves inside her stomach build up once more; she absolutely hates feeling this way. Honestly, Kara is pretty annoyed that Lillian has even put her in this position, even if she completely understands the reasons for it.

After a few moments of simply looking at a sleeping Lena, Kara sighs, and then makes her way back into bed. Once Kara is back under the covers, instinctively, Lena moves closer to Kara, and cuddles with her. This unconscious action from Lena just makes Kara feel even worse than she already does. As a result of all of this, Kara doesn't get much sleep for the rest of the night.

***********************

It is now the following morning, and ever since Kara has gotten up, she has had a horrid feeling building in her stomach, as she knows she's getting closer and closer to telling Lena about her meeting with Lillian, and the brunette then being mad at her.

Right now, Kara is making some breakfast for Alura in the kitchen, while Lena is upstairs with their daughter, getting her ready for school. Today, Kara is just cutting up Alura a bunch of fruit to have, as Lena has always been pretty firm on the fact that Alura needs to eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day. Eventually, about 5 minutes later, Alura joins Kara in the kitchen/living room area.

"Mommy, can I have my breakfast now?" Alura asks, sweetly, as she walks into the kitchen.

"Of course you can." Kara smiles back, before then handing her daughter a bowl of fruit.