Forty-One

Auden woke the next morning to the sun on her face, and her body wrapped in the soft silken sheets. She was more satisfied than she'd ever been in her entire life. 

Content. Calm. Happy. 

The previous night with Jimin was everything she could've hoped her first time to be. What she'd expected to be a nervous, awkward night was actually romantic, gentle, and full of feelings she'd never experienced. She enjoyed it. Which had been the last thing she'd been expecting. 

She rolled over to the view of the lake and Niagara falls in the distance. She smiled, touching the spot where Jimin had been sleeping beside her. He was already up it seemed. Usually he was the one that slept in but it looked like she had been more exhausted from the night before than she'd realized. 

"Good morning," Jimin said, and she turned to see him coming out the door onto the veranda. He was holding a glass of water in his hand, he came to sit beside her and passed her the water, and then surprisingly two little red ibuprofen pills. 

"What are these fo—" she began to ask but then she moved, sitting up, and she felt it. 

She was sore. 

She flushed ten shades of red, clutching the lone sheet to her chest. She took the medicine without question. He chuckled and brushed her wild hair back from her face, and kissed her forehead. Damn he looked stunning that morning. He wore a loose white long sleeve and a pair of jeans, his hair swept back from his face and his cross earrings dangling sweetly from his ears. His face was bare and she got the sudden desire to pull him ontop of her again and repeat last nights events. 

"I figured you might be a little sore," he said. "How are you feeling?" 

"Good," Auden said honestly, still feeling shy for some reason. In the heat of the moment she'd gotten naked in front of this gorgeous man. She was still naked in front of him at that moment, the thin sheet the only thing between them. But in the light, free of the haze that had overtaken her while in the moment with him, well she realized just how much she'd let go last night and was a little embarrassed. She'd never been so close to someone, never let herself be so vulnerable in her entire life. 

"What's that look?" he asked, titling her chin up to look at him. "Is something wrong? Did I hurt you?" His gaze turned genuinely concerned, worried that he may have caused her pain. 

"No," she bit her lip. "I just—am thinking about last night. How did you know it was my first time?" 

He grinned, and threw his head back letting out a cute little laugh. "You were so nervous, baby. You never get that nervous, so I figured it was your first time." His eyes were light, like it hadn't bothered him in the least. "I hope you're reliving good memories." 

"All good, I promise," she said, finding herself smiling. He always managed to make her feel at ease somehow. "For some reason I imagined it would be painful. . .from what everyone has told me." Auden flushed again, not ever having talked about sex with a boy before like this so casually. 

He pursed his lips and then leaned in to brush the softest kiss to her bare shoulder. "That's because I made sure you were ready." 

Auden flushed even deeper, his confidence incredibly sexy—almost too sexy.   

"How did you know what you were doing?" Auden asked. "I obviously wasn't your first." 

He pulled back, his eyebrows raised. "Will you be upset if I say that I've been with other women before?"