Cats Can Fight - 56.

A/N: warnings this chapter: description of feeling nausea, minor mention of a character's death, blood, fighting and drama. this was fun to write :)

__________________________________________

"I grew a flower that can't be bloomed, in a dream that can't come true."

 -Fake Love, BTS

...

"Just a deposit is good enough for now. You can come back next week, pay the balance and pick up the ring once it is sized." The associate smiled, sliding the proof of purchase slip over the counter to Jungkook, "And you sir, are welcome to come back at any time and grab that ring you put on hold for that mister over there." She pointed with her eyes over to Seokjin lingering by the display cases of engagement rings, giving Namjoon a playful smile,

"I'll definitely be back." The leader looked over his shoulder at Seokjin who almost instantly felt the eyes of the rapper on him. Seokjin turned his attention away from the rings and looked at Namjoon with a smile, the two band-mates meeting gazes and exchanging knowing grins with each other while Jungkook sighed under his breath and bowed his head in gratefulness to the store associate, mumbling a shy 'thank you' to her while he turned on his heels to head to the direction of the shop's exit.

The younger had endured enough of his two Hyung's giving each other bedroom eyes the entire time they were there. Fuck, he wished Tae or Jimin had joined him instead. He was grateful nonetheless to be have his second mom and dad with him to help pick out the perfect ring for you but a part of him wished he didn't have to be stuck between their flirting. Gross. It was like watching your parent's kiss. No one wants to see that, "If you do have to come back, please don't bring me with you." Jungkook mumbled over to Namjoon and the elder began to laugh, a soft, deep chuckle resonating from his chest and filling the tiny store with warmth just from the sound of Namjoon's laugh alone,

"Relax, Kook. I already have a plan on when I'm proposing. Not anytime soon so don't worry." He whispered to the younger and gave Jungkook his signature, dreamy eye smile while he reached up to pat him on the shoulder, "I just need to come back here and pick it up when the time is right." The gentle giant of a leader smiled at Jungkook, his hand on the younger's shoulder giving him a light squeeze, "Ah... Jungkookie, I'm so proud of you though." He nodded, the dark fringe of Namjoon's hair peeking out from under his beanie and swaying with his head when he spoke, "I feel like I'm watching my son grow up." He took a breath, feeling himself instantly become emotional.

This wasn't easy for Namjoon. Wasn't easy to process as both the leader of BTS and Jungkook's dear friend. It was time to face reality... Jungkook was growing up. Soon he would finally have grown his own moustache like Taehyung. Soon he would have completed his university degree. Soon there would be little Jungkook's running around the dorms even!

Time fucking flies, man.

Namjoon still remembered the first time he saw Jungkook. 'Cute kid.' he thought to himself with a smile. Jungkook was adorable back then. With a pair of big, round eyes that held the entire universe behind them. Damn, he was so young back then. So small and so shy. So precious. It warmed Namjoon's heart to think of how far Jungkook had some and how strong he became. Both physically and mentally. He'd become such an amazing man and Namjoon was impressed beyond words with how well he had grown up.

He's got an amazing group of band mates to thank for that, of course.

Namjoon was in his feels today. Fuck.