✤forty four

"oh, my gosh, hi!" jinwoo exclaimed, running up to the two

"hey-" before tiffany could greet him, she was engulfed in a tight hug. she glanced at mark who pressed his lips into a thin line, watching jinwoo hug his girlfriend.

he pulled away, and looked at mark, "hi, mark!"

he hugged mark too, and tiffany chuckled when he pulled away.

"i need to introduce you guys to someone." he said. "i decided to bring my partner with me after she said she's bringing you."

"we're not- he's not my partner." she laughed and he nodded. 

"very funny, ma'am. as if i don't view your stories." jinwoo said. "anyways, minjae-ah! come here!"

tiffany and mark exchanged glances and looked at another guy walking towards jinwoo. 

"jinwoo...you're..." tiffany chuckled in disbelief.

"hey. i'm minjae." the guy smiled. "woo has told me a lot about you guys."

"woo, i-" mark slapped a hand to his mouth. "please, let's sit."

they all sat down and mark and tiffany were still shocked because jinwoo had suddenly came out to them. 

"so, when did you guys meet?" tiffany asked.

"6 years back in la." jinwoo smiled. "he was a douchebag back then. i hated him."

"enemies to lovers, i see." mark chuckled.

tiffany laughed, hitting him on the chest.

"what about you guys, when did you meet?" minjae asked.

"we were...um, neighbours when he moved to vancouver." tiffany said, awkwardly scratching the back of her ear as she felt mark slip his fingers through hers under the table. "we're practically siblings at this point."

mark looked at her in disbelief. "no, man, that would be sweet home alabama."

"excuse me, what?" jinwoo's eyes widened. "y'all are dating?"

"he never said that!" she laughed, squeezing mark's hand gently. "we used to like each other back in school so he's referring to that, right, mark?"

"yeah...yeah." mark nodded, trying not to laugh.

some time later, they were still talking while waiting for the food. mark was talking to minjae about justin beiber, because apparently minjae was a big fan too. tiffany and jinwoo were talking about the stuff happening with their friends and why some of them really needed therapy.

the thing about mark is, that when he's talking to someone about the things he likes, or the things he's passionate about, he wouldn't realise what he's doing simultaneously. like right now, he was talking to minjae about something he really loved.

"yeah, no, i think her favorite song is off my face, right tiff?" he said, looking at her.

"what?" she asked.

"your favorite justin beiber song." he repeated. 

"yeah." she nodded, and he smiled.

"so yeah, man, she's got a really good music taste." he said, unknowingly bringing their latched hands up to his lips and pressing a kiss on her knuckles.

thankfully, no one noticed him do that because everyone was so engrossed in their own conversation.

"did i tell you she's really smart? and nice?" he said. "she's like the perfect person you're ever gonna meet-"

"man, i'm sorry to say this but are you sure you're not in love with her?" minjae chuckled. 

"did i talk too much about her?" mark asked and minjae nodded. "i- sorry, i really get enthusiastic about things i love-"

shit.

everyone heard it. 

jinwoo and tiffany are looking at him.

minjae is trying hard not to smile.

"i...i meant-" he started again.

"it's fine, man, i know what you meant." minjae laughed.

mark glanced at tiffany who was still looking at them, "what's up?"