Chapter 12: Meeting

The Next Day...

(Y/n) was now on the port, with Wisconsin crying in front of him, begging for his forgiveness because of what happened yesterday.

"I'm so sorry, (Y/n)! Please, I'm so sorry! I'll do better next time, so please don't send me to Brazil!" Wisconsin begged.

"What the fuck are you talking about? Calm down, will ya?" (Y/n) said, resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose. "No one's gonna send you to Brazil."

"But you got sent to the infirmary because of me..."

"I'm fine now, so don't worry."

"...Are you sure? You're not angry at me?"

"I'm not." (Y/n) assured her.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Really?"

"Yes." (Y/n) repeated.

Wisconsin hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're my husband."

"You've done your best, my dear." (Y/n) gave her a headpat. "Anyways, I'm heading out today. Commander gave me a mission."

Wisconsin broke the hug. "What mission?"

"Reconnaissance."

"I'm coming with you."

"I'm sorry, but this mission requires me to go alone." (Y/n) informed her.

"...I knew it. You're still upset with me." Wisconsin sulked.

"What? No, I don't. This mission really needs me to go solo." (Y/n) clarified. "I'll come back quickly. I promise you."

Wisconsin kissed him on the lips. "Be careful out there."

"You know I always do." (Y/n) said and equipped his rigging.

The male kansen jumped to the water and sailed off to Farbanti Isles.

Halfway to the trip, he decided to launch his F-35B's to do a scan on the area. Once done, he maintained contact with his jets, and found nothing unusual on the radar.

"This is boring." He thought aloud. Thinking of things that might cope with his boredom, he decided to sing. "Lo right, lo righty la lo~ Lo right a lefty right la lo~ Momma told Johnny not to go downtown~ Marine Corps recruiter was hangin' around~ I forgot the rest of the song..."

After a few minutes, he finally arrived at Farbanti. He activated the recorder disguised as a badge and moved on to the island.

The buildings were completely torn apart, while those that managed to still stand had many holes on different parts of their structure.

He heard an eagle screech overhead. He looked above as the bird circled around for a bit before flying northwest, on which he assumed where the girl who wanted to talk to him was located.

After following the eagle, the scent of burning wood and roasted fish tickled his nose. Tracing where the scent came from, he finally found himself standing a few meters away from the same white haired girl.

The girl glanced over to him, and he could see the small subtle smile forming on her lips. Her eyes also had a small sparkle of joy before it died down just a second later.

"You're finally here." The girl said, a small hint of happiness evident on her voice. "Take a seat."

(Y/n) looked at the flat stone on the opposite side of her, then to the girl, then back to the stone. He went over and sat down, staring at her cautiously.