Chapter 17- The Afterward

The unexpected visitor walked into the hospital room with a cautious smile.

"Ah, come in," the girl said with a nervous yet cheerful expression.

"Um, hello?"

"Please sit down."

When the visitor sat down beside her, the girl introduced herself. "My name is Akiko, hehe."

"Oh, my name is Rin," she replies, hoping to maintain the same atmosphere of politeness.

"You have a pretty and cute name rin-sama"

"call me rin-chan but You too akiko-chan" Rin said while smiling

Akiko smiled shyly and blushed after hearing rin's compliment about her name.

When Rin asked if she was okay, Akiko replied with a smile, "Yes, I'm okay, thanks to you."

"Thanks to me?" Rin questioned

"Because you saved me," Akiko replied, her admiration for rin growing with every word of her response.

"Rin smiled sweetly in response to Akiko's kind words about her life-saving actions.

"I'm the one who should be grateful to you because you almost died trying to save me," Rin complimented her back.

Rin then asked an inquisitive question, "How long did you spend in that place, I mean, in that building?"

"3 months, I think," Akiko responded, looking away

""3 months," Rin repeated as she considered the horrific details of Akiko's ordeal.

She was made a slave and abused by her kidnappers with the goal of selling her to an elderly, wealthy man.

Rin was enraged on Akiko's behalf and wanted to torture the person who had wronged her so terribly.

Rin realized that her question might have been too invasive as she saw Akiko's smile fade and her body tremble.

She apologized for making her uncomfortable and clarified the thought behind her question.

"I want to make you happy and have a healthy relationship with your parents," she said with a sincere smile on her face.

Rin was surprised by Akiko's sudden embrace, but she happily returned it, hoping to soothe her tears.

As Akiko cried into her shoulder, hugging her tightly, Rin began to understand the extent of the trauma she experienced.

The young girl was terrified to return to the same place where she was kidnapped and exploited for her innocence. Her fears were valid, and Rin empathized with her pain.

While she gave Akiko a comforting embrace, Rin patted her back and rubbed her hair to provide further comfort.

'Thats right she's only 7 year old there's no way she could be fine with all of this, ' 

///

*Sniff* *sniff*

"Thankyou very much"

"You're very welcome," Rin replied with a warm smile as she hugged Akiko tightly.

When she heard the details of Akiko's disappearance and her parents' longing for her safe return, she felt a rush of sympathy. It was heart-breaking to think of a family missing their young child for months and not knowing where she was.

Rin was relieved to know that she had played a role in their reunification. "I'm so pleased that I could help reunite you with your parents," rin said.

The knocking sound signalled the arrival of Akiko's parents.